Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Modification

Shortyhuddz

Hi all, new to the forum, I'm looking to modify my fiesta 1.25 04 firefly a little bit, I'm looking for a body kit, exhaust and head lights, it's my first car and I have never modified a car before, any reccomendations would be great, thanks in advance

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. With it being your first car I wouldn't do much to it as modifying it will increase your insurance although its totally up to you. The best kit would probable be the ST one at least that is my preference and with that any cheap back box would fit nicely in the insert on the ST rear diffuser and make a ok sound. With headlights I would just go for better bulbs such as orsram nightbreakers

Burn the bodykit...

Unless it's an ST kit

Leave the exhaust too.. its a 1.25.. embarressing to put an exhaust on..

Also, make sure to get an insurance quote before doing any mods...

As an old git, Speaking from experience, don't even bother modding your first car. Just maintain it, and set some aside each month for a better car for once the NCB has built up

• Like 2

I modded my first car and wrote it off 12 days after passing my test. Heartbreaking having to pull it all out again!

Learnt from my mistakes and went all out on the second car (identical) :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I modded my first car and wrote it off 12 days after passing my test. Heartbreaking having to pull it all out again!

Learnt from my mistakes and went all out on the second car (identical) :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Same, my first car ended up as part of a tree down a country lane. :(

Mine ended up in a ditch with a strut mount torn away from the chassis

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Hi thanks all for your input, I'm going to ditch the body kit idea and just go with the headlights and exhaust back box, thank you all again

• Like 1

As said, its a 1.25

You'll look like a boy racing Chav with a "performance" exhaust backbox. You'll see no real gains and sound like an idiot

Although, cherry bomb exhaust back boxes give you gains of around 30-55bhp

• Like 2

To be honest mate, I'm twenty years old and i just want to make it mine more than anything, if people say I sound like an idiot so be it and I'm not doing modifications to make the car faster, I'm doing it for myself.

• Like 2

Each to their own I guess but i prefer going the other way around. (Please read the, each to their own bit!)

Id'e prefer to have more of a sleeper, I wouldn't make mine louder if it still only had 100bhp. Would prefer a faster car which is just as quiet as it was standard, that way it surprises a few people :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah I see what your saying mate, I'm only going to do a few on this and then my next car I am going to do a good amount to as you say to each their own

Yeah I see what your saying mate, I'm only going to do a few on this and then my next car I am going to do a good amount to as you say to each their own

Yeh, all I think is as long as whatever is done is professional, each person has different goals and visions.

I'm only planning a new air filter, HID's, and Tints at the moment as I only passed in February and my insurance is £1,600 for the year. After that when the premiums go down, I may look at a remap or something similar!

Yeah I'm in the same boat pal, just want to make it my own little banger haha, but thank you for the input I appreciate it and yeah I'm think about doing the same when my insurance comes down from extortionate to manageable

• 4 weeks later...

Its easy,

Tinted windows (15-25% tint) only the back and back sides - this is LEGAL.

You could risk getting the front ones slightly tinted (not worth it in my opinion)

Get different coloured LED foot well bulbs.

get any ST or S badges or anything like that.

and a private reg plate if you don't alrdy have one, make sure you buy from the DVLA's website.

keep it simple and it will look smart!

PS remember and tell your insurance about all of this before getting any work done just to be safe.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club