• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


dannyRJ13

Insurance for Mountuned ST

Recommended Posts

Just tried to amend my insurance cover with the new motor and they won't insure me on a modified car... So I cancelled.

Any recommendations for insurance companies that are good with this sort of car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Greenlight and AF were ridiculously expensive for me when I tried them. Just use the comparison sites someone will always quote you

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adrian Flux were cheaper with my 215 mp & other mods declared than ford ensure was without them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dannyRJ13 said:

Just tried to amend my insurance cover with the new motor and they won't insure me on a modified car... So I cancelled.

Any recommendations for insurance companies that are good with this sort of car?

As stated above, always heard flux were the best for modified cars (I know a few lads with Jap Cars who are insured with them). Brother was insured with them a while back when they were first starting/getting more known, customer service was on the bad side (very slow responses) however I think they're a lot better now they're bigger - heard a good few things. As long as its insured with somebody, you hopefully never have to call them again! :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should be able to insure you as there are ABI (Association of British Insurers) codes for all ST versions with an MP215 upgrade. It shouldn't be classed as a modified car as such.

I would try all the usual comparisons sites, Google, MoneySupermarket. GoCompare and Confused to get the best quote. You will find that you need to manually select the MP215 upgrade rather than just enter your registration to find the correct model.

For helpful info, check the MoneySavingExpert site run by Martin Lewis here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance/

Always worked well for me to get the best deal on insurance. It's a good idea to always do a comparison every year anyway when your renewal is due, as most of the time you can get a better deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with Greenlight in the end. Very helpful and offered the best price (better than the comparison sites!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the MP215 upgrade done at Stoneacre York today (bargain at £599 including fitting less current Mountune £50 cashback :smile:).

Updated my insurance with AXA online and it only added £23 to my policy up to the end of September.

Can't really say much about the MPG just yet as it was a long trip home back down the M62. Had a bit of hoon on some country roads nearer to home and it felt good with the extra torque and power :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bargain Andy. AXA were the cheapest for me when I renewed after getting the Mountune as well.

You're going to love the extra power and you'll be surprised there is very little effect on MPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2016 at 8:19 PM, andyedge said:

Just got the MP215 upgrade done at Stoneacre York today (bargain at £599 including fitting less current Mountune £50 cashback :smile:).

Updated my insurance with AXA online and it only added £23 to my policy up to the end of September.

Can't really say much about the MPG just yet as it was a long trip home back down the M62. Had a bit of hoon on some country roads nearer to home and it felt good with the extra torque and power :biggrin:

Hey just a quick one on this. I have a fiesta st2 mp215 and was told by Axa that they don't insure modified vehicles. I explained that there was an option to select the 215 upgrade on their website and that the modification was made by the manufacturer before being delivered to it's first customer. Their underwriting department were saying they 100% won't insure my fiesta. Any ideas on this. If you're with Axa you may need to speak with them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way back in the Mid 1980's I had a MK 1 Golf GTi 1800, had it modified by BR Motorsports (a specialist in VW tuning and Mods) Had uprated Sachs suspension, Brake upgrades (the standard Golf ones were dire), a different cam shaft, upped power by about 25 bhp and bigger wheels/tyres.

Before the Mods I was paying about £300 (was a lot of money in those days). After the mods, nobody would touch it (bear in mind there was no Internet in those days, you just had to shop around by phone) I had one quote from a standard insurer who said they'd do it for £4000. By chance I spotted an ad in a magazine for Adrian Flux, gave them a call and got it insured for £270, cheaper than the non modded insurance I was paying before. :smile:

They were also very good to deal with when I wanted to do some more major mods by having BR Motorsports convert it to their BRM180 (180bhp) spec which involved taking the engine out to 1900CC, disks on rear instead of drums and a few other bits and pieces. Was a very quick motor back then, bear in mind it only weighed about 860Kg a good 300 or so less than a current ST.  (210 Bhp/Tonne v.s. 167Bhp/Tonne for ST). Flux insured it for about £320 if I remember correctly, wasn't much more than for standard car anyway :) . If they have maintained that sort of service I'd recommend them :thumbup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey just a quick one on this. I have a fiesta st2 mp215 and was told by Axa that they don't insure modified vehicles. I explained that there was an option to select the 215 upgrade on their website and that the modification was made by the manufacturer before being delivered to it's first customer. Their underwriting department were saying they 100% won't insure my fiesta. Any ideas on this. If you're with Axa you may need to speak with them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I mountuned my fiesta st2 the cheapest quote on renewal was AXA they're obviously talking out their arses. Just cancel with them and then go back as a new customer it will probably be cheaper anyway

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2017 at 10:57 AM, Blatto said:

Way back in the Mid 1980's I had a MK 1 Golf GTi 1800, had it modified by BR Motorsports (a specialist in VW tuning and Mods) Had uprated Sachs suspension, Brake upgrades (the standard Golf ones were dire), a different cam shaft, upped power by about 25 bhp and bigger wheels/tyres.

Before the Mods I was paying about £300 (was a lot of money in those days). After the mods, nobody would touch it (bear in mind there was no Internet in those days, you just had to shop around by phone) I had one quote from a standard insurer who said they'd do it for £4000. By chance I spotted an ad in a magazine for Adrian Flux, gave them a call and got it insured for £270, cheaper than the non modded insurance I was paying before. :smile:

They were also very good to deal with when I wanted to do some more major mods by having BR Motorsports convert it to their BRM180 (180bhp) spec which involved taking the engine out to 1900CC, disks on rear instead of drums and a few other bits and pieces. Was a very quick motor back then, bear in mind it only weighed about 860Kg a good 300 or so less than a current ST.  (210 Bhp/Tonne v.s. 167Bhp/Tonne for ST). Flux insured it for about £320 if I remember correctly, wasn't much more than for standard car anyway :) . If they have maintained that sort of service I'd recommend them :thumbup:

 

Thanks for the positive feedback. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Dan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now