Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto folding mirrors stopped worki

ChrisRS2

Have a Fiesta ST 2014, which unfortunately some idiot vandalised it by ripping off the drivers door mirror!  I've now replaced it and all now working but for some reason the mirror won't auto fold on locking.  It works manually but not on locking.  I've also checked the vehicle settings menu and the auto folding setting is on.  Now I'm stuck!  

Any suggestions on resolution!

Daft reply but is the replacement mirror powered or standard ? Read somewhere, not on this forum though, that a guy had his mirror smashed and ford replaced it at the owners cost and it wouldn't fold in, turns out that Ford had put on a bog standard mirror.

If it works manually but not when locking then it will be a powered mirror. Have they damaged the wiring at all?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Where did you buy the mirror.   I had a similar problem when my drivers door mirror was smashed.   I bought a replacement off eBay and found that it wouldn't fold.   When I contacted the seller I was told that it wasn't a folding mirror.

Thanks for the comments guys. The mirror does power fold from the switch on the door but now doesn't auto fold when you lock the car as it used to.

The wiring was damaged, the main cable from the door was cut/ripped in two. But this was replaced with the new mirror.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Did you ever sort this Chris?

I've just replaced mine with a new mirror and have the same issues. Mirror folds on the switch but not on lock.

41 minutes ago, Willy said:

Did you ever sort this Chris?

I've just replaced mine with a new mirror and have the same issues. Mirror folds on the switch but not on lock.

@Willy Have you tried disabling in Focccus saving then re-enabling then saving again? Worked for my mate after replacing the mirror.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

@Willy Have you tried disabling in Focccus saving then re-enabling then saving again? Worked for my mate after replacing the mirror.

I'm gunna send the mirror back as I suspect it's not fully compatible (not a Ford mirror)

I'm gunna get a new Ford mirror and give it another bash. If that doesn't work I'll ask Ford to take a look under warranty.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club