Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6.5 cigarette lighter

liampatrick

I've been thinking about purchasing the gear lever surround from an older Fiesta (without aux connection) and fitting an adaptor (below), simply conncted to the original aux socket and cigarette lighter socket (with USB adaptor), then hidden underneath the surround so that I'm left with something like the very poor quality edit I have created below - which I think would look quite neat and pretty OEM. However, it seems that the cigarette lighter is permanently live, even when the car has been locked for a while and the dash/radio lights have gone off. I'm worried about this as the USB adaptor I have has a light on it. Would having the USB adaptor permanently connected to the original cigarette lighter (and therefore permanently live) potentially create any issues in terms of battery draining, or fire risk? Would a USB adaptor without a light solve it? Or, is there a way to make the cigarette lighter only live with ignition?

Thanks!

P.S. Apologies again for the truly awful iPhone editing hash, but I wanted to put my idea into a picture! 

Dashboard-Flush-Mount.jpg

IMG_3847.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club