Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford service plan. Worth it?

Dave1981

Just wondering if anyone has any exp with ford and the service plan they offer. My 2010 Titanium 2.0 is due it's annual service, I've done everything except the oil but I want to keep the service book stamp upto date. My local dealer want £120 for the minor service but are offering the Ford service plan at £16.75 a mth saying I'll get a major service once a yr out of it. Seems bit steep to me as. 

Anyone got any exp of ford service and the plan they offer or am I better goin to independent garages for my stamp. 

why dont you have a look at the ford 4+ service might work out cheaper and youll also get the stamp in your book.

for £120 i would imagine that will be motorcraft prices for minor service, with the motorcraft service you do get

Complimentary UK and European Roadside Assistance for 12 month by the aa

FORD eCHECK, a 30-point visual health check

oil and oil filter change

Free Wash and Vac

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

for £120 i would imagine that will be motorcraft prices for minor service, with the motorcraft service you do get

Complimentary UK and European Roadside Assistance for 12 month by the aa

FORD eCHECK, a 30-point visual health check

Oil and oil filter change

Free Wash and Vac

the problem with that list to those whom enjoy working / maintaining their own cars , like most of our forum members , is that the only item needed for a stamp in the service book is the oil & filter change , making it a bit steep price wise as a job in isolation.

most of us arrange our own breakdown cover if needed , clean our own vehicals , etc etc so ford should ditch all that stuff and get the price down to below 100 in my opinion , its where the independent garages get a cost advantage.

i'd never pay for a major service at a dealership anyway , because plugs , air filter and coolant replacement can be done myself in an hour and a half , and they are the items that add at least another 100 to the cost of a minor service

• Like 1

Yeah my thorts too. I've done all fluids filters myself so just need the stamp. So £120 for them to change the oil is steep. My local independent is offering a full service for £35 + vat and parts so might call them. Use them for mot and trust them.

once your car is out of its original manufacturers warranty from new , then using a indy garage will save alot of money in the long run

but i suppose dealership service packages offer peace of mind to those not too clued up with their cars maintenance needs and have their own place in the market........

;-)

• Like 1

if your independant is offering those prices then its a no brainer

i charge at least that and thats me doing it on my drive. lol
  • Like 2

The relevant question here is on a 6 year old car. How much will services be history add to its value and how much longer do you plan to win the car? 

For most buyers an independents stamp is still a service and as there is no Ford Warranty to wriggle out of. A dealer stamp is not worth the extra in my eyes. I prefer receipts and proof work was done. 

Only had it since may and intend to keep it few yrs as it's low milage and in gr8 condition. I'm not fussed over a Ford stamp or an independent stamp long as it's a stamp. My point was I do my own servicing so I know the car is fine and will just want an oil change really. 

1 hour ago, Dave1981 said:

Only had it since may and intend to keep it few yrs as it's low milage and in gr8 condition. I'm not fussed over a Ford stamp or an independent stamp long as it's a stamp. My point was I do my own servicing so I know the car is fine and will just want an oil change really. 

If you keep it 4 years. The dealer service will cost you £480 over that time. 

Independent will be £168 + parts that also doubles up on some of your own work. 

The independent is a no brainier in that case. If anything it gives the car a second opinion for anything you may miss. You certainly won't make an extra £300 on the car in 4 years time. Though you could make £170 with the stamps at all. Debatable but a cheap gamble. 

Edited by goldtail77
Phone typing
  • Like 1

I do alternative minor and major Ford 4+ services on my 2009 Focus, same time as MOT, Ford stamp in book Motorcraft parts and I don't pay a lot more if any than if I took it to a local.

i use this and it is worth it  i also get free mot and brakes for life included,

When i traded in my last car i had a huge pile of receipts from a well respected independent garage but no stamps n the book.  The dealer looked at me and said, "hmm, not much history with it is there?"

Ford service plan. Is it worth it? I contacted the lookers ford to get a quote on a 4 year plan. The guy seemed well clued up and I got a quote of £700 for the 4 years or around £23 a month for around 24 months. I'd have to pay the £300/350 for the auto transmission fluid service.

I phoned a different ford dealer and got a quote which included the the gearbox service of around £1400 for the 4 year service. I'm quite flummoxed as to how there can be such a difference in quotes.

Oh and I will go with one of them as where I live now I don't have the space to do my own services or the space to keep the tools I had. When I moved I got rid of 75% of my tools and kept the minimum.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club