Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

FOC Photography Thread

aph1101

Good old bulb setting here.

img2202b.jpg

Thats a well cool pic!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aph1101

• thesilverfox

• Michael P

• cyb

I'm really pleased with how this thread has turned out! There are some truly great pics in here...

@thesilverfox: I do like your animal shots, they capture a lot of character. I'm going to San Diego in february with school and we're visiting the San Diego zoo whilst we're there, which will be amazing :D

I agree with you about the build quality of the kit lens. I think it has improved slightly but the quality still isn't as good as it should be. My 55-250 was a cheap ish one aswell at a touch over £200 and it is fairly lousy in low light, without a tripod, only stopping down to f/4.

I do quite like what you've done to the water shot, although I feel it is slightly too stylised for my tastes. I would be interested to know what you did to it in photoshop, however.

I love those macro shots. What is the 2 lens trick you speak of? I've never heard of it before!

@StevenDark Some seriously nice shots there :D Which rally was that? The shot is amazing, so sharp considering fairly poor light and a moving rally car! My favourite of the 4 is the one with the birds on the fence, love it!

@Mike Again, some great shots! My favourites are the first one (soooo cute) and the two sillhouettes in the middle. The sky in the second sillhouette is amazing. Does your camera have spot metering?

@Mike Again, some great shots! My favourites are the first one (soooo cute) and the two sillhouettes in the middle. The sky in the second sillhouette is amazing. Does your camera have spot metering?

I don't know what spot metering is!!! :ph34r:

There are some really great pictures here B)

FMC I see you have made it a photography thread but is it worth breaking off a section for members into photography? Just thinking this thread might get a bit on the long side

A few from me…

CoggMill2.jpg

prioryME.jpg

MainStrretEwerbyLincolnshireweb.jpg

They are some lovely photos cyb... the first one in particular in my opinion!

Oh, just a little niggle, it wasn't FMC! It was my thread :P I asked Dan to change the title and he decided it would be better in the general chat section...

Never mind, Mike! It's a boring and slightly complex thing to do with lighting that makes sillhouettes easier :D

A couple more from me... I was bored today and went out to grab a few more photos:

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

I do quite like what you've done to the water shot, although I feel it is slightly too stylised for my tastes. I would be interested to know what you did to it in photoshop, however.

I love those macro shots. What is the 2 lens trick you speak of? I've never heard of it before!

Having looked now on a different screen (the laptop is not an 8 bit panel), yes, it's bit over saturated. I would have another go, but away from the source image. I had a tinker with the level, colour and contrast histograms :)

@StevenDark Some seriously nice shots there :D Which rally was that? The shot is amazing, so sharp considering fairly poor light and a moving rally car! My favourite of the 4 is the one with the birds on the fence, love it!

Ta very much.. It was at the Goodwood FOS Their Rally Special stage. And its Leob taking Meeke round the track. I was very pleased with it, have a few more from the rally there and hundreds from the weekend.

The birds on the fence is one of my favourites.

Got some more from today.

4196751713_ba2ec2b8e3_o.jpg

4196748377_233ea646d5_o.jpg

4196750005_c6de4e28ab_o.jpg

I'll have to go to goodwood one day! It looks good fun :D

Again, some lovely shots.. I absolutely love the bokehs on the second shot :)

They are some lovely photos cyb... the first one in particular in my opinion!

Oh, just a little niggle, it wasn't FMC! It was my thread :P I asked Dan to change the title and he decided it would be better in the general chat section...

Thanks for the reply Aph and I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to give credit for this excellent thread elsewhere but I was asking FMC if we could perhaps have a photographer’s corner as there seems to be some keen amateurs on here.

And talking of first photos I really like your simple snow falling on the car roof capture B) –sums the day up well for me. Have you thought maybe doing a black/ white conversion, I think it would make a great wall poster. :)

Thanks for the reply Aph and I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to give credit for this excellent thread elsewhere but I was asking FMC if we could perhaps have a photographer’s corner as there seems to be some keen amateurs on here.

And talking of first photos I really like your simple snow falling on the car roof capture B) –sums the day up well for me. Have you thought maybe doing a black/ white conversion, I think it would make a great wall poster. :)

No need to apologise cyb, I don't really see why I pointed that out in the first place.. Rather silly of me!

Anyway, I agree that there are some rather good amateurs on here; I'm rather pleased with how many fantastic photos have been posted.

I'm on my iPod touch now, but when I get on my mac, I'll have a fiddle with that shot in Photoshop and post the results up here :)

Cyb,

Just did a very quick conversion to B&W in photoshop: Image>Adjustments>Black and White>Default

What do you think? I think it has come out quite well.

IMG_3259BW.jpg

Cyb,

Just did a very quick conversion to B&W in photoshop: Image>Adjustments>Black and White>Default

What do you think? I think it has come out quite well.

IMG_3259BW.jpg

I like it black and white, but i think you should change the break light back to red. Dont know what others think?

I like it black and white, but i think you should change the break light back to red. Dont know what others think?

It does look good that way, but the history brush is totally over-done these days. I think it must be in chapter 2 of the 'Photoshop for Dummies' guide or something - because it seems to be the first thing everyone learns!

It does look good that way, but the history brush is totally over-done these days. I think it must be in chapter 2 of the 'Photoshop for Dummies' guide or something - because it seems to be the first thing everyone learns!

Never heard of or indeed used the history brush before and have used PS for quite some time now... does it have another name or something?

Edit: Just found it and immediately don't like it...there are many better, more precise, ways of doing the job of the history brush. Using selections and paths would spring to mind...

Very true... I do believe its probably the only thing in 'Photoshop for Dummies'

I only know a few things in CS3, as I don't care for too much correction - easier to get a decent picture in the first place!

I only know a few things in CS3, as I don't care for too much correction - easier to get a decent picture in the first place!

I totally agree! That's the way to do it really :D

I use CS4 extended for photo manipulation and digital drawing, design etc. sites like psdtuts.com are brilliant for things like that

I totally agree! That's the way to do it really :D

I use CS4 extended for photo manipulation and digital drawing, design etc. sites like psdtuts.com are brilliant for things like that

I should learn a few more things, but I am just too busy with work and CIMA to bother with anything else. Spare time is spent with the missus or the Xbox (rare!) if I am able.

Not sure about the black and white now as it seems to have lost something -

great idea Steve and I think that would add what I think is lacking :)

Incidentally Aph I usually convert to BW using the channel mixer as I think its more flexible than using straight BW.

I gots inspiration!

i snapped the first whilst out with Tilly, the second was just a thought...

P1030266.jpg

P1030269.jpg

They're great Mike...second one especially. If I were you, I would have taken the shot at a little more of an angle and used a smaller depth of field by using a larger aperture (smaller f-stop number).

I re did the shot of the fez, this time keeping the break lights red. I did this by duplicating the layer and using the pen tool, creating a selection of the break lights and then deleting the inverse of that selection leaving the just the break lights on that new layer. Then I made the original layer B+W

IMG_3259BWBreak.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club