Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Private Reg Plates

LeeZetecS

See, I knew it, two LCD's.

You should have spent the money on a plasma instead of a plate. :ph34r:

Plasma is old technology, LED is where it's at now. Besides, plasma & LCD TVs were a thing of science fiction when i bought my plate - i didn't even have a house :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KeithC

• FMC

• Jonny87

• paulworthing

Plasma is old technology, LED is where it's at now. Besides, plasma & LCD TVs were a thing of science fiction when i bought my plate - i didn't even have a house :lol:

It may be old, but it's still the best type of flat panel screen you can get.

Oh good - a 'my toys are better than yours' thread <sigh>

Oh good - a 'my toys are better than yours' thread <sigh>

Hey, instead of messing about in here, there's still some OT threads need moving. ;)

Hey, instead of messing about in here, there's still some OT threads need moving. ;)

Good call Keith - it's really annoying when people post in the wrong section isn't it? ;)

Good call Keith - it's really annoying when people post in the wrong section isn't it? ;)

Nah, doesn't bother me, but there again, I'm a chilled out kinda guy. ;)

I.... i don't think i'm exactly missing out on anything for the sake of a personalised plate, which has appreciated in value, that i bought in 2001 :P

I too was going to point out a cherished plate may keep or increase its value. :unsure:

But don’t buy a plate for an investment –buy it because you WANT it :lol:

My wife and I have two very similar plates (had them for some time now) and I think they look great on the two cars. B)

Personally I would rather have my own plate than a jumble of numbers some computer in Swansea has seen fit to issue each time I buy a car.

:) :)

Is your first name "Lucifer" by any chance :)

Lucky guess my friend........

Nah but the 666 was a reason i liked the plate aswell

Mine says M40 0AM.

Most people look at it with a :blink: but it does say something(ish)!

It made me sing that annoying sweet TV advert... M-A-O-A-M Maoam!

The plate the dealer gave me was DA 09 xxx which is the first 2 letters of my name, and my birthday is the 9th ,so personalised plate by luck for me!

Dave

Haha! Yes, that is what it means! xD :lol:

Did think it looked like the sweets but wondered if it meant something else!! Also like the way that your plate is a mirror image of each side! Quite cool - especially as each of the letters can still be read clearly in the mirror aswell!

I think I'm slightly obsessed with personalised registrations especially since I have got two - one with my name and the other with my initials. There are some interesting combinations out there and I quite like working out what they mean or the stories behind them. Decent ones that are not mispaced and clearly spell a word/name etc are great but at the same time I quite agree that sometimes they can be a waste of money, especially as some go for thousands and thousands of pounds. If you can find a good one that suits you and for a reasonable price, then I don't see any harm in buying one as they should last for the duration of your driving years. They are becoming more and more popular as I a large number of cars I pass on the roads appear to have personalised registrations - the most common ones being initials as they tend to be cheaper.

In my opinion, newer style registrations do not look as good as older prefix, suffix or dateless registrations, particularly as there are too many digits on the plate making it look too busy - I prefer ones with 5 or 6 rather than 7 leaving more space for it to stand out.

My number plate was destined for Carlos Sainz's Focus WRC for the 2001 Acropolis Rally except i beat Ford (M-Sport) to it! There were even "Green Card" export and insurance documents registered with my number plate for Carlos's rally car :lol:

I want to get one for my birthday as I think my dealership was trying to tell me something, they gave a plate ending in "VZL", (weasel) hmmmmm............. anyways I would love the plate R15 CMD, im sure you can figure the last part out!

S27 PGO

S - partner's name

27 - partner's date of birth

PGO - my initials

Hi

I would have F13 STA or J8 MES

Jamie

Mines M9HRK, brought for £250 from the DVLA

What a rip!!!! You could literally buy 1000 !Removed! with that or 20 bottles of Scotch or enough petrol to get you to the south of France and back. What a complete waste of money!

All IMHO of course. DYOR!

I would have (and would buy tommorow if it was available :()..

CO58 ORN

my name is Chris Osborne and my car is 58 reg

I would have (and would buy tommorow if it was available :()..

CO58 ORN

my name is Chris Osborne and my car is 58 reg

When I read that I can't help but think of sweetcorn.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club