Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector issue

Needspeed

Hi been told I have knackered injectors. 

Plugged into forscan but no codes 

do these figures look correct for a 1.8 tdci 2009 

thanks

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

I'm sure that some of the more technically knowledgeable chaps will be along later to confirm but I would have thought that the injectors should have fairly similar readings to each other and that clearly isn't the case in your screenshots.

There is also a well known issue with the injectors that Siemens supplied to Ford in 2009 (mainly), basically they were crap and failed a lot earlier than normal.  If you search the Focus section you should be able to find out more info on the issue fairly easily.  (Ford used the same crappy injectors in other models with the 1.8 TDCI engine but the Focus was sold in much greater numbers so it "appears" to be the main model affected).

• Like 1

Yea I thought the same , Iv read a few topics on 08-09 fords wiv seimens injectors ending in number 3 , 

these are fitted to my focus , cheers 

• Like 1

i assume someone told you the injectors are knackered when diagnosing a problem. what was the problem?  

also, i doubt if all of the injectors would have gone at the same time

Problems are there noisy , and got a judder at 2k rpm on steady throttle , judder clears if I accelerate out of it , seem worse when car has warmed up 

There is another thread about the 1.8 TDCI injector problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Needspeed said:

Problems are there noisy , and got a judder at 2k rpm on steady throttle , judder clears if I accelerate out of it , seem worse when car has warmed up 

ive got same on mine which is a 2009 focus 1.8tdci will follow this thread aswell 

3 minutes ago, Dennis the meance said:

ive got same on mine which is a 2009 focus 1.8tdci will follow this thread aswell 

It's very annoying ant it , wud like to get this prob sorted 

11 hours ago, Needspeed said:

It's very annoying ant it , wud like to get this prob sorted 

yes it is mate ive read somewhere on another forum that there was a software update from ford for noisy  injectors at operating or high temps but cant find it now 

3 hours ago, Dennis the meance said:

yes it is mate ive read somewhere on another forum that there was a software update from ford for noisy  injectors at operating or high temps but cant find it now 

I had a software update when I ad a remap thinking this was the problem, but still no diff . Even had the Egr valve deleted just incase . So I'm deffo thinking injectors are the problem now 

sounds like it mate thinking of remap and egr delete myself its annoying as fuel economy and power are spot on apart from that problem 

On 9/9/2017 at 0:41 PM, Needspeed said:

I had a software update when I ad a remap thinking this was the problem, but still no diff

On 9/9/2017 at 9:03 AM, Dennis the meance said:

ive read somewhere on another forum that there was a software update from ford for noisy  injectors at operating or high temps but cant find it now 

Some info on the software update is here:

But it looks like that was a temporary or partial solution to the noisy combustion. Once it gets to the juddering stage, replacement injectors ( or car!) seem to be the only solution that has been found. The injectors do not all fail at the same time, but from most reports, once one goes, others from that batch soon follow.

VDO has a lot to answer for, but I am sure they will not answer!. It seems to have happened during or after a take-over of VDO by Continental AG in 2007.

• Like 1

Problem solved , 2 injectors where knackered. No more juddering on light throttle and car a lot quieter 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Needspeed said:

Problem solved , 2 injectors where knackered. No more juddering on light throttle and car a lot quieter 

how much if you dont mind me asking 

£620 all in , parts ,labour , diagnostic n new fuel filter 

• 1 year later...

Don't know if this still active but which 2 injectors did u change? Ones with high reading or ones with low reading? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club