Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium 2009 not blowing hot air

Rikesh

Hi everyone, 

This seems to be an issue posted couple of years ago but didn't find a solution. Apologies for my restricted car knowledge but keen to learn.

Basically, I used to press the MAX button on my heating control unit and hot air used to blow within 10 seconds. Now, no matter what temp the car is set to, even at 30 degrees the car still blows cold air even after the car has been driving for hours.

I've been told by Halfords that it's the "flap" which sounds right as when I used to turn the heating on there was a clear recognisable sound like a flap closing after 2 seconds and then the car would blow hot air in seconds. Now there is no such noise when I turn the heating on. He said along the lines the flap should close and blow hot air and open for cold air. At the moment its not closing?

I've been told by one mechanic that I should just change the entire heating unit or something along those lines. If it is this "flap", which parts would I require to order?

Thanks for looking!

Rik

its whats attatched to the flap that may be the issue. the motor that moves the flap. or it can be cabin temp sensor faulty detecting high interior temp therefore closing the flap to cool interior. 

needs investigating properly .

Hello!

If it's not a digital air con unit, then the knob is attached to a cable.

In certain times that cable might be loose or pop out, and even if you switch it, it's no good, same temp. Try to open the console and see if the cable is attached to the knob mechanism.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies.

I went over a bump yesterday and it started working all of a sudden. Flap closed fine and started heating again. But again today didn't work. So the flap opens and closes but doesn't work all the time so might be as stated above. 

Thanks for the replies, will post again here if I find a fix.

• 3 years later...

Hello who ever is reading!

I have just had this same issue, looks like the fix is on the link below:-

Keeps safe

😄

Or its worse header tank thermostat etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club