Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Ford Fiesta Mk7.5 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Issue

NinjaScareCrow

Hey all

I drive a 2013 Ford Fiesta Mk7.5 1.0L Ecoboost (125hp).

So, long story short, my Fiesta was in a front smash (all the damage was on the front right) a while ago, and after a very long wait and a bunch of repairs I finally got her back from the panel beater.
Now somewhere along the line while she was getting fitted with a new bumper, radiator, etc. someone over there managed to disconnect and then lose the ambient air temperature sensor that sits in the grill area of my car. They then did a bulls*#t job replacing it. Essentially they got a new sensor, used lugs to connect a wire to each pin on the sensor, and then spliced those 2 cables into 1 of the plugs on the wiring harness in the engine. I then found the sensor wedged in between the  battery and bracket that holds the battery O.o (check attached pics) Needless to say I was beyond angry. I'm not taking my car back to them because of other past issues and frankly I just don't trust them.

The thing is that I do have a temperature reading on the HUD, except it seems to read about 40 degrees Celsius over what the actual outside temperature is 😐 I've moved the sensor with it's dodgy cables to the front of the car and out of the engine bay to make sure that it wasn't picking up the heat from the engine, but still no difference with the temperature reading.

So the issue now rests squarely in my lap.
Went to my trusted Ford Dealership, and they want to charge me a small fortune to diagnose, trace the cables, and then fix the sensor. I've got an auto electrician that does pretty reliable work. The only thing is that nobody seems to be able to find out what goes where and how it's supposed to be put together. According to the parts diagram from Ford for the AAT sensor, there actually supposed to be 2 sensors mounted on the front of my car, one at the top near the left headlight, and then another at the bottom.

I've checked on Ford Etis for the wiring diagrams for the AAT sensor(s), but couldn't see anything that seemed to mention the AAT sensor in the index of the wiring diagrams. I don't have access to the actual diagrams without spending a few Euros to gain temporary access to them. I also don't want to pay for access and then the wiring diagrams aren't there for the sensor 😛
Nothing of value turns up when Googling around for it either 😞

So at the end of the day, if anybody can help point me in the right direction I'd be forever in your debt 😉 Either an accurate wiring diagram of what's going on so I can give that to my auto electrician. Hell, I'd even settle for clear and detailed pics of the sensor just to compare and try figure it out from there. Can anyone also confirm if I'm really supposed to have 2 AAT sensors and where exactly I should find the plug or cable harness at the bottom 🙂

Thanks guys, and sorry for the long ***** post O.o

20180218_091759-resized.jpg

20180218_091807-resized.jpg

20180218_091821-resized.jpg

20180218_091951-resized.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi did u managed to find where you ambient temp sensor should be

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club