Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery drain

Nungy

Hi, I'm just after any info from other fiesta owners. I have a Fiesta 16 tdci titanium on a 64 plate, that has an intermittent battery drain. It's happened 4 times in 7 months. The first time the rac came out and said my battery has a bad cell, so I bought a new one for £170. It then happened again, but i did notice on my phone, that it was still connected to the car via bluetooth, even though i had not used the car for 24 hrs. When the rac came out again they said it was a 4.7amp drain on the battery, but did not know where it was coming from. 

Next time it happened they said the same, again a 4.7 amp drain on the battery. I then searched the internet and noticed there was a software update for the synch and radio. So I booked it into Allen Ford in Bath, and they updated the software. Great I thought, all sorted. No, it happened again this morning. 

Any ideas. I have only had the car since Feb, and it's been happening since I have had the car. I am phoning the garage where I bought it, to see what they are going to do about it. I just want as much information before I phone them.

Thanks in advance.

First thing you need diagnosed is what’s drawing the 4.7amps.

I’d probably start by using a clamp on ammeter and pulling fuses for circuits you suspect. Another primitive method is to measure voltage drop across fuses.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club