Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So this happened on the way to work ....

Stlinesteve1981

What I wasn’t aware of is that most car insurance policies have a new car part of them , so if ur car is written off in the first year it does the same as gap and you don’t need to claim on that 

19 hours ago, Zico said:

Yup, and I bet your premiums will be more even for the ST Line when your renewal is next up.

That is a guaranteed I reckon. Why do no fault accidents still seem to push the innocent parties premiums up higher and higher?

11 hours ago, E TEA 66 said:

Wtf 😮the sight of that sent my blood cold but really pleased to know you were okay after that mate and nice to see you had thought ahead and taken gap insurance out as tbh i don't know many people that would even know about it so any how i hope it isn't  to long before you get a new set of wheels mate .

With every new car at the dealership at the time of ordering we have always been informed of Gap insurance but usually always take our own out as it is far cheaper than what a main dealer offers.

9 hours ago, Stlinesteve1981 said:

What I wasn’t aware of is that most car insurance policies have a new car part of them , so if ur car is written off in the first year it does the same as gap and you don’t need to claim on that 

Our insurance doesn't  offer that for either car and I can't recall ever seeing that in the past with any insurer to be honest. We have always had Gap to cover the cost of replacement as the total sale / finance price is always more than the market price the insurance will pay to replace a car. The gap insurance runs for the full term of the finance period on the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

That is a guaranteed I reckon. Why do no fault accidents still seem to push the innocent parties premiums up higher and higher?

It's purely down to statistics...people that have been in a non-fault accident are more likely to be in another.  It's not as daft as it sounds tbf, chances are they drive a certain road or at a certain time where more accidents happen than usual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's purely down to statistics...people that have been in a non-fault accident are more likely to be in another.  It's not as daft as it sounds tbf, chances are they drive a certain road or at a certain time where more accidents happen than usual.

I still don't find that fair. What if someone rare ends you whilst your at a standstill or if someone hits the car whilst parked? That purely won't be your fault but insurers like to find ways on making money. I kind of see the point of reacurrance for example I once hit my mirror cover on my previous car on a parked car as the car on the oncoming lane didnt decide to move more over to his side of the road. No serious mark but I noticed it made me lose my confidence when judging the size of the car. A few months later I accidentally tapped another parked car with the mirror luckily no mark 😂

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I still don't find that fair. What if someone rare ends you whilst your at a standstill or if someone hits the car whilst parked? That purely won't be your fault but insurers like to find ways on making money. I kind of see the point of reacurrance for example I once hit my mirror cover on my previous car on a parked car as the car on the oncoming lane didnt decide to move more over to his side of the road. No serious mark but I noticed it made me lose my confidence when judging the size of the car. A few months later I accidentally tapped another parked car with the mirror luckily no mark 😂

Life isn't fair lol...  It doesn't matter about fault for this, it just puts you in the situation of being more likely to be involved in another accident, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If the car gets hit while parked it's likely that you park in a high traffic area so the potential to happen again.  If someone rear ends you at lights it's likely that you're driving in heavy town traffic so likely to happen again.  The insurers use statistics taken from every claim and those stats do show that you're more likely to be involved in another claim after a non-fault one unfortunately.

• Like 1

Saying that, it was a long while ago when someone ran into the Mrs Suzuki swift. Our insurance went up then and it was no fault of hers, she was at an Asda petrol pump and an old guy reversed backwards into her....

Going forward..... when the focus st ran into the back of the mrs on a roundabout when the Mrs had the loan St Line whilst she was waiting for hers to be built, which I completely forgot about. She insured her new st line and I remember it was much much cheaper than we expected and even cheaper than her previous fiesta.

Churchill told her when she questioned it that although it was on her history and had to declare it, proven no fault claims do not any onger cost the insuree any more on their annual insurance policy.

Pretty sure they told her the way insurance worked, had changed or something along those lines.

Completely forgot about this...

On 9/22/2018 at 9:49 PM, Stlinesteve1981 said:

That's good to know but wasn't aware of that either which is probably down to not reading all the details due to the numb head you get while searching through all the insurance companies for a good deal .

St 2 has been ordered to replace the stline - only £30 a month more don’t think I will see it until after Xmas 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club