Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Lights to LED

AlexanderM

Hi guys.

My Focus has LED "Day Lights" but the actual headlights are not LED. I would like to change them to LED Bulbs, i'm wondering here if anyone else has done that to their focus?

I found this below kit, and it looks like this kit would work. Any one here used it before? The link is https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-hids4u-stealth-55w-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

Alexander

Hello mate
I am just about to do the same to my MK2 Focus on a 56 plate. Have a look at this part number on eBay ( 263511435857)

I have used theses in my B6 Passat and they look awesome. dcf79d2051209ee3a7745fa324189068.jpg956e71a56cc7ce93ae9f51d1c2dd4eea.jpg

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased these, I will be replacing my original headlights with them and then using the same led lights in them.1b744a65c5b90b023543ae84365ec8ad.jpg

Thanks @MUNK19! I will check that part number, looks exactly what I need!

Cheers

Alexander 

On 10/14/2018 at 12:50 AM, AlexanderM said:

Hi guys.

My Focus has LED "Day Lights" but the actual headlights are not LED. I would like to change them to LED bulbs, i'm wondering here if anyone else has done that to their focus?

I found this below kit, and it looks like this kit would work. Any one here used it before? The link is https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-hids4u-stealth-55w-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

Alexander

These will not be road legal in the UK. To use LED headlights you require auto-levelling and washers, just like you do for Xenon HID headlamps.

• Like 1

and apart from that you said you wanted to change to led headlamp bulbs. and youre link is for a aftermarket xenon kit not led

• Like 2

16 hours ago, michaelburrows said:

and apart from that you said you wanted to change to led headlamp bulbs. and youre link is for a aftermarket xenon kit not led

Which is also very illegal.

• Like 1

Hi everyone
I know you guys are saying it is illegal to have these led lights in the car but a have seen these new cars with the same or similar led lights in them and I don’t see them having the washer jet facility on them.

If they are illegal how do you explain this guys??

11 hours ago, MUNK19 said:

Hi everyone
I know you guys are saying it is illegal to have these led lights in the car but a have seen these new cars with the same or similar led lights in them and I don’t see them having the washer jet facility on them.

If they are illegal how do you explain this guys??

Besides the fact that any aftermarket exterior automotive bulb has to be C/CE marked to be considered "legal" and it's a rather small pool of choice for LED Bulbs.

I believe the washer requirement is linked to the maximum light output of the unit (low not high beam), if it's above 2000lm you have to have the washers and if it's below you don't.  LED units tend to be below 2000lm so don't need the washers (this includes factory fit) and Xenon tend to exceed the threshold (by quite a lot i.e. closer to 3000lm) so have to have the washers when this is the case.  I think there are also additional MOT related rules that have to be met and I believe that headlights that were fitted after the car left the factory are subject to slightly more strict rules.

Modern LED headlights often look brighter than xenons despite being of a lower output because the colour temperature of the light is closer to natural light than xenon i.e. more of the light is within the range that humans can see.

Thanks 1979Damian
For the reply mate. I understand a lot more than I did before. I guess more research is need to find out about the rules on leds.

• Like 1

Hello AlexanderM
I have completed the Focus Mk2 eye make over. The bulbs I suggested you buy from eBay. Don’t buy them as there are too big for the replacement headlights I bought. I don’t know what headlights u have but make sure they will be able to fit.

My guess is that they will fit the standard mK2 headlights but. Not the cornering ones.

4dadb1185accdfd0e49d13b7426fa6bb.jpg

2aebaf6bcfcf32bf878d2aa537e01d69.jpg

MUNk19

Hi everyone
Just a quick update of what the lights look like at nights. 8fdfa0444e1384f085b36b0d2cb752cc.jpg

MUNK19

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, I went to my local Halfords and got some advice from them. I got two LED Bulbs from them 14 quid each. Today I changed the, the before and after result is class! Tonight, i will see what it's like when it's really dark.

Cheers

Alexander

image1.jpeg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AlexanderM said:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, I went to my local Halfords and got some advice from them. I got two LED bulbs from them 14 quid each. Today I changed the, the before and after result is class! Tonight, i will see what it's like when it's really dark.

Cheers

Alexander

image1.jpeg

+50 Street Credit from Halfords 

They should print street credit on there receipts like the VAT but it fluctuates depending on what items you bought for the car, 

Underneath LED Bulb £13.99 should say Street Credit Value +25%

They do look fantastic and im Sorry for laughing just advice from Halfords isint generally what people take action on because there usually thicks, 

And buying from Halfords isint generally what people do, They go to Halfords or halfrauds for a look then purchase elsewhere for less on the internet.

Last thing I'll say then is; some silvatec indicator bulbs would look great in those headlights too, there also available at Halfords but cheaper on eBay, They will pass an MOT and when fitting don't touch the bulb with your hands because your finger prints will stain the chrome tint coating on the bulbs, use a plastic bag or something to put over your hand then pick up the bulb.🙋‍♂️Hi5

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club