Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 125 E/B coolant temperature

SPLE22

Hi, i have a 2018 Ford Focus Zetec (1.0) Ecoboost MK3.5.

I recently joined the Facebook group, Ford Ecoboost Nightmare but got kicked for posting something similar to this post.

I connected an OBD2 bluetooth device and monitored the coolant temperatures and found that if you accelerated constantly the coolant temperature can go as high as 99 degrees Celsius. But if you drove in a more conservative fashion, eg, at 60mph and only press the accelerator pedal when needed, the temperatures are more "stable", around 93 degrees Celsius.

I have checked the.coolant level and it's between min and max. I understand it's pressurised and it *should* not go down. 

The newer models are fitted with a water pump that circulate the coolant so it allows time to cool down when switched off?

My ultimate question here is, should I be worried about the headgasket failing, coolant loss and overheating?

Is driving hard = to engine failure?

Thanks in advance.

Drive it hard. These engines like it hot. Various changes to the cooling system have taken place since the ecoboost was launched so less chance of coolant loss. 

28 minutes ago, iantt said:

Drive it hard. These engines like it hot. Various changes to the cooling system have taken place since the ecoboost was launched so less chance of coolant loss. 

I know I'm on a focus board but what about the Ford Fiesta  (2014), we have no recall for the vin on ETIS.  Coolant has not gone down.  Are these cars designed poorly? Noticed the fiesta does not go above 89 degrees Celsius but the Focus does. Thoughts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club