Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering racks

Gymfocused

Hi, are all the MK2/2.5 racks the same or do the st/rs have quicker ones?

The racks aren't all the same on Mk2.5.  Some are some are full hydraulic and others are semi electric, depends on which engine you have.

The ST/RS have terrible steering lock to stop the wider wheels catching, but this is done with a rack stop so I'd assume they use the same ratio rack, otherwise they could just design a rack that worked with the wide wheels.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, TomsFocus said:

The racks aren't all the same on Mk2.5.  Some are some are full hydraulic and others are semi electric, depends on which engine you have.

The ST/RS have terrible steering lock to stop the wider wheels catching, but this is done with a rack stop so I'd assume they use the same ratio rack, otherwise they could just design a rack that worked with the wide wheels.

I have the 1.6 Ti-VCT. I think it's just hydraulic, though I could be wrong. I was just wondering if it could be improved?

The 1.4 / 1.6 Duratec engine (including the TI-VCT) has a different steering rack from all other engine types. This is because the 1.4 / 1.6 Duratec has conventional hydraulic power steering while all other engine types have the EHPAS electric hydraulic power steering.

EHPAS steering racks are not suitible for the conventional hydraulic power steering system.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:58 PM, JW1982 said:

The 1.4 / 1.6 Duratec engine (including the TI-VCT) has a different steering rack from all other engine types. This is because the 1.4 / 1.6 Duratec has conventional hydraulic power steering while all other engine types have the EHPAS electric hydraulic power steering.

EHPAS steering racks are not suitible for the conventional hydraulic power steering system.

So does that mean I can't change it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club