Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diagnosis needed

Woods1997

8 minutes ago, Woods1997 said:

This is what the garage did.

Screenshot_20190205-130801_Gallery.jpg

Ah ok, shock not changed so it is potentially bent.  Very hard to see by eye on the car, I had exactly the same on an ST.  Keep an eye out for any unusual tyre wear on that corner.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure why that's there tbh, I've changed a lot of shocks over the years and don't remember seeing anything like that before.  Maybe @iantt or @stef123 can tell us what it's purpose is?

I would say that can probably cause a squeak while the shock is moving up and down against it though.  Would think it also takes quite a force to break it so the damper is probably bent - I thought that was changed after the kerb incident though?

Are we talking about the white bit? It’s to hold the gator in place I’d say.

3 hours ago, stef123 said:

Are we talking about the white bit? It’s to hold the gator in place I’d say.

Yeah the white plastic bit.

I guess it could be for that, seems a bit unnecessary though.  Looking at new shocks online it comes already fitted on genuine shocks which don't come with the dust boot or bump stop.

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I guess it could be for that, seems a bit unnecessary though.  Looking at new shocks online it comes already fitted on genuine shocks which don't come with the dust boot or bump stop.

Cars in at trustford tomorrow so hopefully I'll be noise free afterwards... 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, TomsFocus said:

Update - Car was in at trustford. They've cleaned the brakes since there was a score mark on the disk... the previous garage replaced the discs but not the pads... idiots and the noise is gone for now, bare in mind it's only been about 10 miles since I've picked the car up. The top mount they said was noisy as when turning there is a noise but because it isn't failing they won't replace under warranty. The plastic on top of the shock absorber is broken but they have told me that it's not an issue as it won't cause any damage. Overall it hasn't been very productive but as long as the creaky noise is sorted I'm happy. Will update if the noise continues. Appreciate all your assistance.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, TomsFocus said:

Update- the noise is back. 

Am I safe to assume as I've had new discs I should replace the pads and see if that works? 

1 hour ago, Woods1997 said:

Am I safe to assume as I've had new discs I should replace the pads and see if that works? 

Silicone spray on front anti roll bushing would be a lot cheaper than pads, and if it doesn't fix it was only a fiver. 

11 hours ago, Woods1997 said:

Which noise?  The creak is the strut top mount as you've already suggested.  

Pads are cheap, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't replace them at the same time as discs?  They 'form' to the shape of a damaged disc so they really should be replaced together.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Which noise?  The creak is the strut top mount as you've already suggested.  

Pads are cheap, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't replace them at the same time as discs?  They 'form' to the shape of a damaged disc so they really should be replaced together.

The brake noise is back again. 

I've ordered some EBC greenstuff pads and will change them next week. 

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club