Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Windscreen Washer pump Replacement

Tasape

Hi All 

My windscreen washer pump has died a thousand death's  i change the fuse   but to no Avail  , si i have ordered a new Pump   problem is i cannot find  any info on changing it , all i can finf is videos on changing the water bottle and pump  i don particularly  want to have to tear the front of the car dow do do this.

is there a simple way  i e remove headlight etc   

thanks

To remove the pump, remove the engine undertray, then the plastic tray under front bumper.

You will now be able to see the pump for removal.

• Like 2

I thought it was behind the front right wheel arch liner. 

No sorry just googled it and iantt is right it’s at the front end of the car on the right hand side. 

You can also pop the front bumper off to do it, saves having to jack the front end up to remove the undertray and takes literally 5 minutes.

IMG_20180220_104044173_HDR.thumb.jpg.3982de264b0fc66721f483868a0089e9.jpg

6 hours ago, TangoDaz said:

I thought it was behind the front right wheel arch liner. 

I think it is on the MK2 but not the MK3.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You can also pop the front bumper off to do it, saves having to jack the front end up to remove the undertray and takes literally 5 minutes.

IMG_20180220_104044173_HDR.thumb.jpg.3982de264b0fc66721f483868a0089e9.jpg

When I 1st looked at that picture I thought the car had been in a head on collision with a HGV! :biggrin:

Sorted,thanks, my mechanic has a small child that he uses to fix this issue.   😅😂🤣

nooooo he can actually just remove the headlight and get his hand in the gap to do it 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

When I 1st looked at that picture I thought the car had been in a head on collision with a HGV! :biggrin:

It does look horrific but honestly is only 5 mins to remove and replace...easiest bumper I've done tbh! :laugh:

• Like 1

Ohi see it’s all about the Bumper is it not the little old pump.  Ha 

15 hours ago, Tasape said:

Ohi see it’s all about the Bumper is it not the little old pump.  Ha 

Haha, I was doing another front end job and just noticed the easy washer bottle access at the time (I was looking for a non-existant low fluid level sensor on the bottle as well lol :sad:).  Obviously if you can reach  and replace the washer pump through the headlight hole that's the quickest way though, will remember it for future use. :wink: 

• 1 year later...
On 07/02/2019 at 9:35 AM, TomsFocus said:

Haha, I was doing another front end job and just noticed the easy washer bottle access at the time (I was looking for a non-existant low fluid level sensor on the bottle as well lol :sad:).  Obviously if you can reach  and replace the washer pump through the headlight hole that's the quickest way though, will remember it for future use. :wink: 

There is a sensor on the mk3 on the bottle I've just ordered one 

6 minutes ago, Russ123r5 said:

There is a sensor on the mk3 on the bottle I've just ordered one 

Only if you have headlight washers or a 2014 onwards model.  The early ones don't.

To be honest I have never seen a Focus MK3 without the low washer fluid level warning.

Both my 2013 Champions Edition and my parents 2012 Titanium (both did have halogen headlights without headlight washers) do have the low washer fluid level warning as standard.

I'm curious, does my 2005 Mk2 have a low washer sensor? I have never seen a warning light on my dash, but I'm a bit anal and top it up every week anyway so it's never really got low!

58 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm curious, does my 2005 Mk2 have a low washer sensor? I have never seen a warning light on my dash, but I'm a bit anal and top it up every week anyway so it's never really got low!

No.  Only the Mk2s with headlight washers got a low level sensor.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Guess I'll just continue with the weekly top up then LOL Thanks Tom...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My previous 2005 Focus MK2 First Edition (which was the Dutch equivalent of the Zetec trim level) did also have the low washer fluid level warning as standard.

As far as I am aware stopped installing the low washer fluid level warning combined with some other changes to reduce costs somewhere in 2006.

Every National Ford organisation however has the ability to choose their own specifications (to a certain extent). It is completely possible that Ford UK skipped the low washer fluid level warning to reduce costs while other countries/markets do still have the low washer fluid level warning as standard. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

My previous 2005 Focus MK2 First Edition (which was the Dutch equivalent of the Zetec trim level) did also have the low washer fluid level warning as standard.

I suppose the only real way then of knowing is to let my washer level run to dangerously low levels to see if I get a dash warning, though I fear my OCD will prevent me doing that LOL

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Guess I'll just continue with the weekly top up then LOL Thanks Tom...

It's ***** annoying TBH wouldn't worry. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club