Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec alloy upgrade size

Lconway

Hi everyone, just wondering if my 2014 zetec would be able to upgrade from 15" standard alloys, to 17" alloys, without any problems occurring regarding my suspension etc. Currently on stock suspension.

Most seem to say that standard 7J 17s will fit straight on with no mods. required, and tyres don't touch arch or liners. 17s were a factory option (on Titanium X at least).

However, these optional alloys when ordered from Ford for aftermarket fitment, apparently require the fitment of steering rack limiters.

Not found out yet if steering rack is different on a vehicle specced with 17s for factory fitment, or whether it's just plastic inserts on a standard rack, as it is for aftermarket fitment. 

• Like 1

Steering rack is different on STs but not on others fitted with 17” wheels. Many people have reported that don’t need the limiters but it would depend on the offset if your wheels and the tyre width you are running. Limiters are cheap from Ford and easily fitted. 

You may need to change the wheel/tyre size using FORScan if your rolling circumference of the new combo is significantly different in order to keep your speedo accurate. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club