Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

How is everyone complaining? What method please?

Email customer relations.

UKCRC1@Ford.com

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

Email customer relations.

UKCRC1@Ford.com

Thanks 

I've just spend the best part of two days updating my maps from 3.0 to 3.3 and it now says update complete.  I've received the XML file on my flash drive which I've uploaded to Ford but the car is still showing 3.0.  What's gone wrong?

3.0 and 3.3 are sync3 software versions not Maps software which would either be F7 or F8. Sync3 updates dont always show immediately on screen . Are u sure it was Sync and not Map software you updated check all version numbers again on screen including build number.

It said my software was up to date but that my maps needed updating.  That is the link I used...

Well.....

just had a reply from Ford regarding the MY18.5 issue with maps F8

they are not aware of any issue, 😡

has this been resolved and I wasn’t aware? 

Not AFAIK , I'm sure some of the Ford customer service representative s live on a different planet where there are no problems with any Ford vehicles! Send it straight back to them, and request that it's raised as a formal case as there obviously IS a problem since our maps are not being updated. Point them at this forum if you like!.  I've just got a reply to my formal case which says they've checked online and there is an update for my VIN? Yes there is, it's the update of the sync software (not maps) to 3.3.19052 which I've already done twice and confirmed the update by uploading the log file. Oh well, seems like another upload of the log file and a terse reply to the case manager is due...

Still no maps update for me . Ford closed my complaint case after they told me the issue was in the hands of their technical dept.

The latest for Sync 3.3 is F7, for Sync 3.0 is F8.

There are different hardware configs out in the wild.

Sorry dont think that's right as new vehicles from factory have Sync3.3 and  maps F8 loaded. Apart from some owners of MY18 vehicles having problems downloading F8  , MY19 vehicles leaving factory before around March this year with F7 loaded cannot be upgraded at present even after having upgraded Sync3 to version 3.3

Data in F7 is after all at least 18 months old

I'm talking about the updates available.

The F8 maps are the same for both but stored and therefore updated differently.

So Ford rolled out the update for the old system first as it's easier, all map data in one file.

For the newer system it's split. They've obviously been able to do this from factory but won't release the user update until they are satisfied there is a safe and reliable update method

Do other manufacturers have as much trouble with map updates as looks like Ford havent a clue.

They've obviously been able to do this from factory but won't release the user update until they are satisfied there is a safe and reliable update method

But the product is sold as being updated to maintain up to date navigation. Ford should have sorted out the update mechanism BEFORE  changing the hardware.

They've now had, I would guess, nearly 9 months since the 1st vehicles with the new hardware came of the production line. How long does it take to sort out the update system?

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Ford. Not that I expect any car manufacturer to be much different.
Just trying to explain why there is a difference in map availability. 👍

Don't talk to me about sync 3 issues!!!!!!! And maps and software versions!!!! 

For me a more important issue here though is that on the Focus 4 although Fords description doesn't say ,the intelligent speed limiter relies in part on using GPS data along with speed sign recognition. Therefore because the data is so out of date it is unreliable and potentially dangerous. For example near me there are 2 roads normally 60mph where  if switched on the speed limiter will reduce  vehicle speed down to 30mph because the sat nav still that's the limit and there are no signs either to correct it.  

12 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Ford. Not that I expect any car manufacturer to be much different.
Just trying to explain why there is a difference in map availability. 👍

I appreciate that and, being an IT professional, I do understand the technical reason behind the map availability. Ford don't seem to be treating this problem with any urgency, or even acknowledging it exists as some people are being told, so I feel more people must complain to help get some action.

• Like 1

Had reply from ford crc they have contacted the technical dept regarding the F8 update for MY18.5 focus.

watch this space!

I keep getting offered updates I've already done too. I just keep the previous update and log file handy on the USB stick so I can keep telling them I've done it. I assume this works by recording your VIN and the version you are now on in a database somewhere, or keeping an audit of each update done so the latest version you have can be determined. Which is great providing the data doesn't keep getting nuked.

Complain if you haven't already it's the only way they will address the update problems

The answer from Ford is:

Ford Technical have also confirmed that the F8 Maps will not be available for your vehicle due to compatibility and will have to wait for the F9 Maps due out January 2020.

Just updated to 19052 build no problems.

shame we have to wait until 2020 for map F9 (F8 not compatible with MY18.5 vehicles)

Offered the same upload so tried to upload the same XML file but got "Sorry, error, try again later!"

Looking at the data returned from the website though:

VIN: UNKNOWN. ESN: UNKNOWN. Unable to parse for initial peeks - malformed xml.

XML file looks OK to me so assuming something else they've c*cked up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club