Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arnold Clark Protect

shaz4473

When the new Fiesta was originally ordered I got sucked into the protect package but then thinking over it decided against it. having checked out on the forum it would be ample to wash and wax regularly to keep the new red car looking good.  

On picking up the car I was told that protect had been done and i was not to wash the car for 10 days as otherwise the protect would come off

Does this make sense to anyone?  What would happen if we got heavy rain, would that cause a problem?????

Is there any way of proving that the protect process has been carried out - not sure if it was just external or if the interior has been done - must get in touch with them to ask.  I find it odd that it was done as the cost was taken off the order.  Again same as the number plates(provided my own but also received a set from the garage) could it just be that the salesman did not update the paperwork for the preparation of the vehicle?

Has anyone had this protect and can comment on the difference it has made to their car?

I’m guessing it’s the process of washing, and the products used that would cause a problem rather than just getting it wet. 

If you haven’t been charged for it then I wouldn’t even bother finding out if there is a way of proving it, just look after your car as you see fit. I would leave it a fortnight though, just in case there’s is some truth in it and you have got something for nothing. 

To be quite honest nothing surprises me with Arnold Clark, well the fact you seem to have come out on top is surprising but in my experience they would rob their own granny given the chance. They rarely get things right first time, or second come to think of it lol. Their reputation nationally leaves a lot to be desired!

i bought my last car from them because they had what I wanted at a price I was willing to pay. I told them from the beginning that after I picked the car up they would never see me again unless there was a non warranty issue for them to sort - that caught them off guard 😝 

Best way to tell if it has been applied is by pouring water over a section. It should bead up and any excess should run straight down the panel.

If you managed to get it for free then fair enough. They cant have done any more damage as the valet man would've probably still used the same 5 year old sponge and his builders bucket to give a pre-delivery wash anyway.

Thanks for the input.   Yes, I could not understand why I was receiving the car with it when I took it off the original order and the cost was removed - I think that perhaps the salesman forgot to update the records and that's why it was done as I also got a set of number plates (drilled and with the dealer name) in the boot when I had provided my own plates and again this cost was taken off the order - strange but true!

Luke, yes I was tempted to tell them not to wash the car at all before we picked it up as I would totally agree with the 5 yr old sponge and the builders bucket!

Best to sit back and wait for next weekend then to wash the car - I am itching to get to it as it is looking extremely dusty just now:(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club