Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk6 Fiesta changing the cigarette lighter socket

FreshPete

I think my socket is faulty and needs to be replaced. The fuse was blown so I swapped it and then when I tested the lighter, it popped and now it's dead again. Are the lighters universal across all cars or do I need to look for one specifically for my Fiesta? They're pretty cheap but I wanna be sure to buy the right one before I start taking the center console apart.

if the fuse only blew when you plugged something into it then it would suggest the thing you plugged in has the fault. On mine it kept blowing and the fault was in the plug that I was plugging into it. The plug has centre pin on a spring and a combination of being badly made and the wire moving about inside the plug when the pin was pushed against the spring was causing the plug to short inside but only when the centre pin was pushed in against the spring.  So testing the plug and charger it was connected to with a mulitmeter did not at first reveal the fault as I was not pushing the pin right in when testing it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club