Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very hot sync 3 screen

GreyMack

Hi Folks

Just picked up a 2019 Ford Focus St Line X and i'm extremely happy with it so far.

One thing I have noticed though is the touch screen sync 3 infotainment screen gets extremely hot.

I'm not sure how long it took to heat up but after 15 minutes of driving today the screen was hot to the touch, unpleasantly so.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or do I perhaps have an issue?

My Fiesta STLX is the same, never had any issues

3 hours ago, GreyMack said:

Hi Folks

Just picked up a 2019 Ford Focus St Line X and i'm extremely happy with it so far.

One thing I have noticed though is the touch screen sync 3 infotainment screen gets extremely hot.

I'm not sure how long it took to heat up but after 15 minutes of driving today the screen was hot to the touch, unpleasantly so.

If you have just picked up your vehicle it may be that you have not had time to play with the various display options.
Obviously if its set to max brightness it will get a little warmer.
Just a thought.

Display
Item  Description 
Brightness
Adjust the display brightness. 
Mode
Set a light background, a dark background or have the system adjust the background based on how dark it is. 
Display Off
Switch the display off. 
Auto Dim
Have the system adjust the display brightness based on how dark it is. 
  • Like 1

Cheers for the responses.

Because of the crazy thunder storms last night when I set of for work the screen was in dark (night) mode and it didn't heat up at all however coming home with the screen in light (day) mode it again got very hot in a short period of time.

I turned the brightness down but to be honest I didn't see any difference in the screen but then I had auto dim set on so maybe it was controlled the brightness automatically?

Well if others are also seeing this hot screen issue then perhaps it's not an issue at all.

Thanks

1 hour ago, GreyMack said:

Well if others are also seeing this hot screen issue then perhaps it's not an issue at all.

I think it's just a characteristic of these types of screen - I'm on my tablet at the moment and the screen's very hot indeed if you let your finger linger - which you normally don't of course.

I always set my screen to night mode.
Easier on my old eyes [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 11:10 PM, GreyMack said:

Hi Folks

My exoboost 2018 .screen is getting hot like hell.ant while using google map it gets stuck (hanging).visited sai chhaya auto link bhopal.they could not fixes the issue.pl help

• 10 months later...

Picked the same car (Reg Sept 19) mk4 focus st line x up last month and yes indeed my fiance tells me the infotainment screen was too hot to touch...in rainy conditions today and set on auto brightness.

Its covered under warranty so I'm not too worried atm but I will go back to the dealer if it happens regularly...

I don't think it should get that hot personally but then I doubt there is a cooling system inside akin to mobiles or tablets...just all screen...

GreyMack... Any problems still..? a year later...please update...

Edited by Tink-GB
Spelling

I've just been for a drive for about an hour in my Mk4 Titanium - at journey's end I would describe the screen as only v mildly warm. I didn't use the screen much ... just had it on home page and listened to the radio switching channels a couple of times or so.

I don't think I've touched the settings since I picked the car from the dealer 3 months ago.

I'd be concerned if the screen got v hot.

I've got an 2018 MY Focus, and the screen is not hot at all, i'd take it to service.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Tink-GB said:

Picked the same car (Reg Sept 19) mk4 focus st line x up last month and yes indeed my fiance tells me the infotainment screen was too hot to touch...in rainy conditions today and set on auto brightness.

Its covered under warranty so I'm not too worried atm but I will go back to the dealer if it happens regularly...

I don't think it should get that hot personally but then I doubt there is a cooling system inside akin to mobiles or tablets...just all screen...

GreyMack... Any problems still..? a year later...please update...

Whilst it's under warranty, get Ford to sort it.  I take it you don't realise how much will cost to but a new APIM outside of warranty?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club