Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Grinding noise

henrywillz

Recently I have heard this grinding noise from my 1.0 100ps ecoboost fiesta and can't figure out what it is, I'v checked the heat shields which seem ok. The grinding noise generally at around 1000-2000RPM when stationary in neutral and usually occurs when feathering the throttle, also I know that there has been a lot of discussion about the noisy fuel pump but I'm convinced this noise isn't that also seems to happen most often when coming off the throttle, looking for any advice? or is this normal? Thanks 

Engine mount perhaps.

seems to me something has to do with exhaust , may be the pipe or the catalytic converter, or the turbo exhaust inlet, any way I think what I'm hearing is probably exhaust gases leaking somewhere.

It sounds like something is vibrating like an exhaust heatshield. See if you can get someone to rev the engine whilst you look under the car as that will help pinpoint the area the noise is coming from.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club