Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus Mk4 more issues

MalcolmW

Hi

Here is another post about my new Ford Focus Mk4

Today on the way to work, Android Auto locked up on the infotainment system, unplugged the phone and reconnected, but nothing happened.  Tried another cable, and it would not connect or charge the phone, from the front USB port.  Tried a USB stick which is in the 2nd USB port for music, and again nothing happened.  Turned off the car and locked it.  Reentered the car and tried again, and the USB port was working again.

Does anybody know if the USB ports have either some kind of protection, or was it just a crash of the control unit, which cleared when I turned the vehicle off.

Ill test it on the way home tonight to see if it does it again. 

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Today on the way to work, Android Auto locked up on the infotainment system

Did you have a Fitness Tracker Watch on at the time?, I have heard that some people have had problems with Android Auto while wearing Fitness Trackers.

4 hours ago, Tizer said:

Did you have a Fitness Tracker Watch on at the time?, I have heard that some people have had problems with Android Auto while wearing Fitness Trackers.

Think it was a combination of the phone crashing and the cable.  Changed cable to one that came with the phone, and it seemed ok all the way home.

I've had my SYNC 3 crash/hang in my MK4 once or twice since i've had my car, about 3 months now. A power cycle seems to sort the issue. I would have thought anything coming in from the USB/Bluetooth would also be affected by the crash.

Is the Sync3 on the latest build ie 3.3   build 19052 as the earlier version had this bug

I have this problem at least once a week. Hold down the volume button and next track button for 10 seconds to restart SYNC.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club