Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

North vs South-ish

Baild

Got a week off soon and thinking of going all bear grylls and getting the tent out. Anyone been to Wales/Scotland? Any preference?

Wales is lovely and I'd definitely recommend going there. 
I've camped in a few locations around wales including Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains. All very beautiful areas and plenty of places to do walks and explore. 

Just come back from Anglesey, beautiful island.  Wales is lovely but the mountains do attract the rain. Been up Snowdon twice, never seen the view yet. 😀

Yes, like Nick and Guy, had some terrific holidays in both - long time now since we used a tent though!

So many lovely areas to choose from, but we keep being drawn to Porthmadog area in Wales (we like the Festiniog and Welsh Highland railways) and Arran, which is often called Scotland in miniature, as well as Inverness which we visit most years though we usually do that by train these days.

It's Britain, so will rain at any time of course and the midgies in Scotland can be fierce September-ish so repellent is a must.

19 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Wales is lovely and I'd definitely recommend going there. 
I've camped in a few locations around wales including Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains. All very beautiful areas and plenty of places to do walks and explore. 

Went up Snowdon on the train in the mid to late 60's, think it cost 12s/6d (67.5p) back then, without looking i'd reckon it would be £25-£30 nowadays. Fantastic day out tho.

Thanks for the replies. I've had a week from hell and not had chance to get back on here any sooner.

Looks as though September is sorted though. Wales it is. Just need the weather to hold out! I'm working in Cumbria at the minute (Barrow) and it's awful!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club