Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch Up Paint

Westville

Just been to the "stealers" enquiring about touch up paint for my car (just to stay on top of one or two minor stone chips)

They wanted £25.75 inc VAT for their kit

Anyone found an alternative reliable seller?

I am after White Platinum Pearl (Ford Code UG)

Have you got a local spray shop?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Ktmpedro220 said:

Have you got a local spray shop?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

There are a few but I only want a few mls of touch up paint - not worth mixing for most I guess and there are no worthwhile chips to repair as such

• Like 1

Hi All

Have you tried amazon?
I got a small bottle of Ruby Red that is a very close match. You have to look closely to see the difference.

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've searched the usual places - there are some charlatans out there - which is why I was seeking recommendations on here

@eddie eastwood I have been in touch with that guy since I posted here - he is very helpful and advised me that a spray may give a better finish for my colour (he does not do sprays!). He is number 1 reserve if I don't find a recommended supplier :thumbsup:

Just checked my paint mixing scheme data and Its a difficult one as it`s a three stage paint,  eg  basecoat/ coloured clear, and clearcoat lacquer on top.  Probably wont need lacquer if its a tiny chip but would need other two stages to get anywhere near the colour or as best you can from a touch up paint. 

• Like 1

@eddiek thanks for that info - if nothing else I have learned a lot about the paint on my car and I think I now understand why the "touch up" kit from Ford is so expensive, and why so few off the shelf suppliers carry that combination.

I had been visualising a nail polish type pot or a scratch pen type affair when in reality it is much more complex than that - I may need to eat humble pie and be nice to the man in the Spares Dept :whistling:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club