Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Etis

eddiek

Did anyone else get this email ?  Not sure if the free site will still be available to look up spec on your vehicle. ?

Dear Independent Operator,
   With regards to our previous email communication about GFDRS, kindly familiarize yourself with the procedure provided in the link. A further communication will be issued with a date confirming when the software will be available for download and use.

Regards
Ford Motor Company Ltd

Sent: 20 September 2019 12:09
To: 'FORDETIS_GFDRS_INDEPENDANTOPERATORS_BUSINESS_COMMS@bulkmail.ford.com' <FORDETIS_GFDRS_INDEPENDANTOPERATORS_BUSINESS_COMMS@bulkmail.fordcom>
Subject: FordEtis Online Independent Operators - Implementation of Global Ford Dealer and Repair System (Global FDRS)
Importance: High

Dear Independent Operator,

Ford Motor Company Limited will be in due course implementing a mandatory Global Online system called Global Ford Dealer and Repair System (Global FDRS) and existing FordEtis FDRS Online Applications will no longer be available.
However, in preparation of the Global FDRS switch on, Ford Motor Company Ltd is requesting that all independent operators download and install the Global FDRS software application onto their computer’s prior to the 29th September 2019 by following the instructions set out in the document available for download at https://www.etisload.ford.com/EtisGFDRS_SetupProcessGuide.pdf
Global FDRS switch on date will be the subject of a subsequent email.

Charges

Charging of the Global FDRS system, you will be able to purchase a 48-hour, 1-month and an Annual License. The Global FDRS license will incorporate a Ford IDS License, access to FordEtis online Technical Literature i.e. mechanical repairs, Wiring diagrams etc. and Global FDRS Applications for unlimited Vehicle Identification Number’s (VIN’s) entered for the Global FDRS License purchased.
Notes:
There will be no additional charging for FordEtis Online technical Literature and FDRS applications.

EU5 Accreditation Security Access

Independent Operators that already have EU5 Security Accreditation Access will be unaffected by the switch over and will be able to use Global FDRS.

Independent Operators that wish to purchase EU5 Security Accreditation Access, to be able to use Global FDRS for key programming and certain module security applications within Global FDRS can do so by contacting the Ford IDS helpdesk at the following email addresses:

Independent Operators without an Active Ford IDS License

Please review the process document available for download at https://www.etisload.ford.com/EtisGFDRS_SetupProcessGuide.pdf on how to set up, purchase licenses and use Global FDRS.

Independent Operators with an Active Ford IDS License

Existing Users that have purchased an Annual Ford IDS License Activation code, (via the FordEtis Online Application) from Ford of Europe will be able to use Global FDRS with their existing Ford IDS License until it expires. Once it expires, you will be able to purchase either a 48-hour, 1-month and annual Global FDRS License.
Independent operators that have purchased their Ford IDS License Activation Code via another supplier/company other than Ford of Europe will be prompted to purchase a 48-hour, 1-month or an Annual License to be able to use the Global FDRS Application.

Please review the process document available for download at https://www.etisload.ford.com/EtisGFDRS_SetupProcessGuide.pdf on how to set up, purchase licenses and use Global FDRS.

Regards
Ford Motor Company Ltd

Yeah, got this seven times! As I only access via a tablet or phone not a computer I won't be able to download software so looks as if I'll be unable to access in future.

As Eric said above, I got the email but only use Etis on an iPhone or iPad, so curtains for me.

I won’t be downloading and certainly won’t be paying for a license. 

ETIS - Electronic Technical Information System

IDS, Standard IDS, FDRS and now GFDRS (Soon to be PTS) are all the systems and programs which a Ford Dealer would connect to to carry out computer diagnosis whilst the vehicle is with a Ford Dealer or an Independent who has suitable access.

I would say that basic ETIS information will still be available FoC.

Might be wrong though, it does happen occasionally...........................................

H

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

ETIS - Electronic Technical Information System

IDS, Standard IDS, FDRS and now GFDRS (Soon to be PTS) are all the systems and programs which a Ford Dealer would connect to to carry out computer diagnosis whilst the vehicle is with a Ford Dealer or an Independent who has suitable access.

Might be wrong though, it does happen occasionally...........................................

H

Your pretty much right. FDR's is a software tool that uses the Etis page as an interface. 

2 hours ago, Hamster said:

I suppose the only way to find out is see if we can still get in there after the date mentioned.

17 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yeah, got this seven times! 

I got it 5, first one was blank...I hope whoever was sending the email wasn't the one that wrote the new software!! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club