Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

The other issue relating this which I have stressed to Ford and they ignored in discussion is that if the vehicle has intelligent speed limiter which all new models including Focus4 have and is due to become mandatory in 2021, then because this relies in part on the GPS map data it will be inaccurate to start with on vehicles with out of date Maps. On my car I have encountered some pretty crazy and potentially dangerous situations because of this.

25 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

The other issue relating this which I have stressed to Ford and they ignored in discussion is that if the vehicle has intelligent speed limiter which all new models including Focus4 have and is due to become mandatory in 2021, then because this relies in part on the GPS map data it will be inaccurate to start with on vehicles with out of date Maps. On my car I have encountered some pretty crazy and potentially dangerous situations because of this.

Good point.

Another very good reason why they should treat this problem more seriously.

Just done the 3rd update this morning, Maps voice commands lost, Master Reset, Map voice commands back, then enabled WIFI on Sync scanned for updates, all up to date, checked on Ford website all up to date,

None of the Update generated a log file but connecting Sync to WIFI seems to make it all happy. I await with bated breath the next update NOT.

Mines update to f8 today and as above didnt create a log file but has sorted itself anyway

20200708_150537.jpg

49 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

Mines update to f8 today and as above didnt create a log file but has sorted itself anyway

20200708_150537.jpg

Great news, shame there is still nothing for poor saps on sync 3.3

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

I'm on sync 3.4 and still waiting for the F9 maps.  Ford seem to be creating an almighty mess with the navigation system updates.

4 minutes ago, whitecarman said:

I'm on sync 3.4 and still waiting for the F9 maps.  Ford seem to be creating an almighty mess with the navigation system updates.

Complain to them. You won't get the  update as its only available to owners of older vehicles with sync 3.0

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Meant to say f9 lol

58 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Complain to them. You won't get the  update as its only available to owners of older vehicles with sync 3.0

I have complained to them BUT they just reply with the same rubbish.  "The system says you are up-to-date".  This is clearly not right as F7 or F8 maps are NOT up-to-date when F9 are available to some.

Could be worse. I have sync 3.0 and all I get on the update side when checking for the F9 maps is "Please try again later". So at least in my case even though I have sync 3.0 the map update isn't available.

10 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Could be worse. I have sync 3.0 and all I get on the update side when checking for the F9 maps is "Please try again later". So at least in my case even though I have sync 3.0 the map update isn't available.

Weird isnt it I'm on sync 3.0 and got f9 update yesterday 

Are you able to connect your car to WiFi?
If you are and haven't already, I'd get it to scan for updates, which maybe jolt the server and then try again from the Web page.

Tried WiFi, as well as creating a new log file and uploading that, but no joy. The update site reports the software as up-to-date, it just won't offer any new maps. It's been stuck on "try again later" for days. 

Updated Successfully to F9 Maps today and to my surprise ‘stop start’ started to work again for reasons only known to the ECU.  The only thing I can think of is that during the update and after a drive of approx 45mins I parked up and left the engine running while the second part of the update/install took place.  While parked, with the engine running I got a dashboard warning that the engine will turn off within the next 30 seconds unless I cancel the warning by pressing the OK button on the steering wheel, which I did. A short time later the installation complete message was displayed and I turned of the engine, got out and locked the car.  About an hour later went for a drive and the stop start worked for the first time since a December 2019. (2018 Focus 1.5 diesel titanium)   It will be interesting to see if works after being parked up over night. 

I am picking up a 2018 Focus ST3 on Tuesday that is running Sync 3 Software Version 2.3 and maps version F6.1.

The car and both ford’s website is saying there is an update available. Will it update to Sync Software Version 3.0 and Maps F9 or will it have to do smaller updates and build up to F9? How long will it take so I can make the time, reading lots of horror stories about it taking 3 hours or so.

2 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

I am picking up a 2018 Focus ST3 on Tuesday that is running Sync 3 Software Version 2.3 and maps version F6.1.

The car and both ford’s website is saying there is an update available. Will it update to Sync Software Version 3.0 and Maps F9 or will it have to do smaller updates and build up to F9? How long will it take so I can make the time, reading lots of horror stories about it taking 3 hours or so.

It probably will take that long in total with updates and waiting. You have to do the maps and software separately.

So how big of a USB drive do I need to do these updates? Will they not do it via the car’s wifi connection?

11 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

32gb should do it. 

Great, well I will download the software in advance and then I can get it ready.

Is the Cyanlabs update you’ve talked about in other posts worth doing? https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/

Does it give additional features/benefits?

Anyone had any updates from Ford the the elusive maps updates?

Latest reply from Ford customer service..... straight from the Krib sheet!

Ford Motor Company utilises data provided by third party company's to periodically release software and map updates, to help keep our vehicles as up-to-date with changes that may occur; however, due to the time taken to collate the required information, we are unable to provide a confirmed timeframe for when the next available update is due to be released.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, Andyr55 said:

Anyone had any updates from Ford the the elusive maps updates?

This is the latest I received from Ford.

We are expecting the next update to be released shortly, to provide both update for our vehicles and to address concerns that have been raised; therefore, we would recommend awaiting the latest update before reattempting. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact your local Ford Dealership for assistance with completing the update on your behalf, if you would prefer but this may incur a charge for labour.

Unfortunately, we do not have a confirmed date of release; but we would recommend you liaise with your local Ford Dealership for development, as they will be updated first as soon as the latest update is made available.

We do apologise for the inconvenience experienced, but appreciate you taking the time to bring this information to our attention; should you require assistance with another matter in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us direct on either 0203 564 4444 or UKCRC1@FORD.COM.

Thats another meaningless stock answer seen many times from Ford. Actually Ford dealers are not obliged to help with map software updates only the Sync software updates.

I've emailed Ford Customer Services again & have been asked to supply more details about my vehicle & ownership so that they can 'investigate the matter further' & 'forward your concerns to a Case Manager for review'.

The points I've raised included

- Sync 3.4 & F9 maps are available from third party sites - why not directly from Ford ?

- Some vehicles are receiving F9 maps

- Vehicles have been mis sold (with out of date maps)

- The lack of a publicly visible roadmap for updates (SYNC & maps) causes significant customer dissatisfaction & thus potential impact on repeat business.

- The responses from Ford to date give the impression that Ford just don't care or appreciate the potential seriousness of the situation (citing Health & Safety due to inaccurate data).

- The design of a process that can easily update both code (SYNC) & data (maps) in a timely fashion is a basic requirement in this 'Digital Age'.

- The suggestion that Ford make traffic updates free to all owners affected by the lack of updates.

- Asking when F10 maps are due !

I'll update this thread when I get feedback from Ford.

• Like 2

Sadly your probably wasting your time. I've been complaining about this issue for over a year and currently have 2 open case numbers but any updates from Ford have dried up recently. If you push really hard they may offer you some compensation (my words not theirs) in the form of a free annual service as they did with me ,but they will probably just give you the same pointless answers that they have to everyone else.I have been buying Fords for over 40years but this will be my last as if they can't sort out this issue what confidence can we have in their vehicles as they become more and more dependent on updateable electronic technologies and inparticular GPS mapping.

Good luck anyway

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club