Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring diagram required for MK3 internal central locking switch

JPW

Hi all

I am looking to retrofit the facelift (2015+) door lock/unlock switch in my pre-facelift 2012 Focus.

I believe the part number is F1ET-14017-BB

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this? I believe the wires are in the FCIM cable as in my car the original door lock button was on the Sony fascia in centre console. Since I upgraded to SYNC 3 fascia no door lock button exists.

Thanks

James

Hi all
I am looking to retrofit the facelift (2015+) door lock/unlock switch in my pre-facelift 2012 Focus.
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this? I believe the wires are in the FCIM cable as in my car the original door lock button was on the Sony fascia in centre console. Since I upgraded to SYNC 3 fascia no door lock button exists.
Thanks
James

I’m looking to do the same since I upgraded to sync 2 and lost the central unlocking button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I couldn't find the facelift wiring diagram when I tried (unsuccessfully) to fit the Facelift heater control to my mk3. In the end I paid for an hours worth (think it was around £8) of time on the Etis website and copied the diagrams to the computer. You may find though, like I did, that the mk3 BCM won't recognise the facelift module if you are using the door module. 

What did you do in the end? Update the BCM settings or is it just not possible?

James

My BCM could not be updated so I would of had to replace the BCM (which would have to be done with IDS). In the end I gave up the idea.

20 hours ago, JPW said:

I see this part is just the switch. Are you thinking of running the wires all the way from the FCIM out to the door? If so I think this would work.

On @Luke_Anderson guide for upgrading to Sync 2/3 he mentions a moment switch that you could discreetly put in the dash. Save you running all the wires. This is what I'm thinking of doing in mine. 

Correct, I was going to run some wires from the FCIM loom to the new switch, hence I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the switch...

I did see what Luke said however looking for something more factory looking.

Looking at the pre facelift wiring diagram, I wonder if you could tap into the highlighted terminals on the door module. Be easier than running wires from the FCIM.20191221_183643.thumb.jpg.393920f4a041b9bc0d11e2db77d629df.jpg

That's a good shout. So, I just need to find the wiring diagram / pin out for the actual switch - F1ET-14017-BB

Does anyone have this?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the handle with door locking buttons will fit the pre-facelift door card?

s-l1600.jpg

If not, will the entire facelift door card fit a pre-facelift model?

Thanks

James

Does anyone know if the handle with door locking buttons will fit the pre-facelift door card?
s-l1600.jpg&key=1edaa50e2233375831392baa4037d33ce9c8da97e0bba007aee16df50e8b3ec7

If not, will the entire facelift door card fit a pre-facelift model?
Thanks
James

Following this closely, I’ve not had a central locking button for over a year now and I can’t justify £200 on the headunit Facia from America with the central locking button. Would be nice to have it back.

I reckon this will work, as long as the ore facelift door card can be swapped for the face lift or even just the handle... be even better!

I've ordered a facelift handle with the button so I'll work out the pins when it arrives and report back with the findings. Should arrive on the 28th.

Cool, cheers!

Do you have a pre-facelift car?

James  

Yeah I have the mk3 2013. I have upgraded to the sync 2, so I'm also looking to add the locking button. 

I found the facelift wiring diagram if it helps. PDF attached.

Looks like we may be able to pull the lock/unlock/ground wires from the door module, and possibly the illumination of the button itself (the blue glow), but the door lock indicator LED needs to come from the FCIM or BCM as that doesn't exist in pre-facelift door wiring at present. I guess if we don't care about the LED we could just not connect it.

As per your findings, these are in the driver door module

Central locking front.pdf

PDF not working for me. Just a blank document. 

No cancel that. Not showing on phone, but is on computer.

Edited by Nathan Buffery

I received the facelift door handle with button today and unfortunately the handle does not fit into the pre facelift door card.

So my options now are:

Buy a facelift door card.

Fit just the switch into the arm rest where the electric window switches are.

Fit just the switch somewhere into the centre console. 

I have tested the switch and the pins match the wiring diagram that  @JPW posted. 

I received the facelift door handle with button today and unfortunately the handle does not fit into the pre facelift door card.
So my options now are:
Buy a facelift door card.
Fit just the switch into the arm rest where the electric window switches are.
Fit just the switch somewhere into the centre console. 
I have tested the switch and the pins match the wiring diagram that  [mention=108559]JPW[/mention] posted. 

So the feed from the door module works fine for the locking switch? As a posed to running a wire all the way from the Center console?

I haven't took my door card off to check that the module has the required pins. But looking at wiring diagram, the door module should have 2 connections. On the second connection the pins 4, 14, 15 and 17 should be wired to pins 1, 2, 4 and 3 in that order. I think the pin 4 on the module is to illuminate the backlight on the switch and therefore the led on the actual lock switch would not light up. 

Having said that, I have found several times so far, that the wiring diagram does not match what's actually in my car. 

Be aware that the schematic posted above is from a Kuga MK2/MK2.5 (C520).

This is not a schematic of a Focus MK3/MK3.5 (C346) !

Despite from being based on the same platform as the Focus MK3/MK3.5 the Kuga MK2/MK2.5 also has a lot of differences and also shares parts with the Fusion/Mondeo. Part of the schematics may be similar to the Focus MK3/MK3.5 but there will also be many differences.

@Nathan Buffery

Here are the ones I have, all from a facelift (MK3.5). Seems clear enough but struggling to find which wire is providing the illumination to the power window switches so I can splice to the new door lock button for illumination.

Passenger Lock Switch.pdf Driver Module B.pdf Driver Module A.pdf Driver Lock Switch.pdf Door Module Wiring.pdf Passenger Power Window Switch.pdf With Door Modules.pdf

I have just took the door card off........

and.......

there's no ***** module on mine!

Dam and Blast!!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club