Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 ST front brakes into MK8 ST-Line

tiagojpt

Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrade the ST-Line front brakes with the MK8 ST ones.

Considering that pads are the same and the discs only have different diameter (same thickness, offset, etc), is it possible that the calipers are the same and only the calipers carrier differ from ST-Line to the ST?

Can anyone compare the part number of MK8 ST-Line and MK8 ST front calipers? Are they equal?

And which are the part numbers of the MK8 ST front caliper carriers?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing, I’m glad someone else asked the question! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think it's just a direct swap. I'm not sure about the mk8 but the mk7 and mk6 the ST calipers and carriers are different to the other specs. 

Definitely is worth it. I put mk6 ST front and rear brakes on my mk6 zetec s and it's a lot better. The mk6 and 7 are 278mm in the front so if it's the same in the mk8 I'd guess it's the same case in fitment. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, Daggerit said:

I was wondering the same thing, I’m glad someone else asked the question! Haha.

Let's see if someone can help on this. It really seems to me that the only change appart from the obvious (discs) are the carriers,especially because they have "in printed" 262 on ST-line and 278 in the ST version. It would be pointless to do it if the calipers bodies were different, I would say.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I tried at my own risk and it is relatively easy to swap the ST-Line front brakes with ST MK8 ones:

Parts needed:

- ST discs (278mm)

- ST Caliper carriers.

The caliper itself and pads can be kept the same, if they are OK. By not changing the caliper, it means that no brake bleeding will be needed (effortless and time saving).

I bought an used MK8 ST complete brake set but for this purpose I only used the carriers, for the reason I mentioned above.

Part numbers:

- ST discs (278mm) -- 2272661

- ST Caliper carriers -- 2272668 (I was told but, did not confirm, though).

Final.jpg

Final2.jpg

• Like 3

Good job! Can you notice any improvement in braking performance?

30 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Good job! Can you notice any improvement in braking performance?

I'm sure he must do 😁. I noticed the difference in mine moving from 258 to 278mm front discs. Was more pronounced after doing the rear ST discs conversion. 

Hi all,
I tried at my own risk and it is relatively easy to swap the ST-Line front brakes with ST MK8 ones:
Parts needed:
- ST discs (278mm)
- ST Caliper carriers.
The caliper itself and pads can be kept the same, if they are OK. By not changing the caliper, it means that no brake bleeding will be needed (effortless and time saving).
I bought an used MK8 ST complete brake set but for this purpose I only used the carriers, for the reason I mentioned above.

Part numbers:
- ST discs (278mm) -- 2272661
- ST Caliper carriers -- 2272668 (I was told but, did not confirm, though).
Final.thumb.jpg.4891f006cbe222131422a61ac02a6658.jpg
Final2.thumb.jpg.31723729fc495a8f5a34820a88f5b090.jpg

That’s great, thanks for putting up the results!

Where did you find the calliper carriers as I’m struggling to find any?

Hi all,

Welcome, this was my willingness to find out if anyone did it or if not then to take the risk by myself and share.

The discs are still bedding to the old OEM pads, so apart from the slight improvement in the way it looks, Performance wise I didn't notice anything.

Nevertheless, after assembling everything I found out that the brake kit I bought came with Ferodo Racing pads... So I will keep those, and put them when the current ones worn out.

That being said I hope the Ferodo Racing pads will make the difference in terms of biting and fatigue.

I bought the calipers from a breaker on eBay UK, the discs are Genuine FORD from eBay Germany. I made myself the point that I would pick the most OEM parts as possible.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club