Sign in to follow this  
Alan85

Focus Mk2.5 - Instrument cluster display blank

My 2010 focus has started to display a blank screen on the lcd in the instrument cluster (backlight comes on)

Seems exactly the same as here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/93701-dash-display-information-not-working-but-lights-up/ - but looks like this would have been sorted under warranty

Car starts, drives and does everything else as expected. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes seems to bring it back but soon fails again.

Before going blank, it would often look a bit pixelated/distorted. I reckon the next step is to take the cluster out, reseat the lcd ribbon cable, and if that doesn't work order a replacement screen.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, was it the lcd or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks!

My 2010 focus has started to display a blank screen on the lcd in the instrument cluster (backlight comes on)
Seems exactly the same as here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/93701-dash-display-information-not-working-but-lights-up/ - but looks like this would have been sorted under warranty
Car starts, drives and does everything else as expected. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes seems to bring it back but soon fails again.
Before going blank, it would often look a bit pixelated/distorted. I reckon the next step is to take the cluster out, reseat the lcd ribbon cable, and if that doesn't work order a replacement screen.
Has anyone else had this issue? If so, was it the lcd or am I on the wrong track?
Thanks!

Honestly, try charging the car battery or replacing the battery.

I’ve seen it many of times before when a battery is faulty on a ford it will still start the car but weird things start happening with all the electrics.

My friends radio was completely dead for weeks until he replaced the car battery and then it was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro