Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Eco Mode an option in Focus Mk2

ForTim

I'm wandering if Eco Mode is an option in Focus Mk2, that I don't have.

I see Eco mode in Owner's manual, but I can't start it. It says " Press the SET/RESET button to enter Ecomode." If I press shortly, nothing. Long, trip resets.

There were other topics, but for Mk3 and newer.

26 minutes ago, ForTim said:

I'm wandering if Eco Mode is an option in Focus Mk2, that I don't have.

I see Eco mode in Owner's manual, but I can't start it. It says " Press the SET/RESET button to enter Ecomode." If I press shortly, nothing. Long, trip resets.

There were other topics, but for Mk3 and newer.

Are you sure you're looking in the right manual?  I've never seen the functionality on a MK2, only on MK3s and newer.

I found Eco mode in Owner's manual from 2010, so it would be Mk2.5.

I also checked original manual for my Mk2 from 2007 and it doesn't mention it.

Since mine is Ghia, I was hoping it would have it. For example, I didn't have Instant Consumption, but I added it via ELMconfig.

But I don't know if it's just about adding or it is an option that must have been selected on purchase.

I think Eco mode on the Mk2/Mk2.5 Focus simply might have been an indicator on the dash telling you when to shift gears or something.

But there's never been an Eco mode on the Mk2/Mk2.5 Focus (to my knowledge) that is linked to the PCM or Engine management functions that saves fuel in the way you're thinking.

Yeah - what incontro said.

I have a Focus Econetic 2010 (Mk 2.5?) diesel.  The Eco mode is pretty much a visual aid.  It doesn't 'add' anything to the driving experience, it just provides a visual guage (when the stem is pressed a number of times ( which cycles the eco display)) displaying how Eco your accumulated dring has been since you turned eco mode on.

As you approach 1800 revs, there's an upshift arrow which is displayed the encourage you to move up a gear.  You are 'rewarded' with up to 5 petals in each category.  The more petals in each category means the greener your driving style is.

A gimmick which some people may find useful but to most, not worth even looking at.

[I'm a saddo!!! - I have my eco mode recording my driving style.  As I drive like a priest, I easily achieve 5 petals in each category.]

Hope this helps.

Tom

@Incontro and @ecoman are right, it's just visual. But I'd like to enable it, if possible.

spacer.png

There's a guide that mentions Eco mode, but it's hard to find exactly that in 103 pages.

Looks like firmware needs to be updated for Eco mode, not sure if possible for Mk2.

Anyway, I don't think I'll do it because someone wrote: "Had a mare when I updated the HEC to 0509 as during the process I got an error, the dash went blank and couldn't start the car. Took me another six attempts before the update would fully complete, I was sweating buckets!"

Only the later software versions of the Focus MK2.5 instrument clusters support Ford ECO Mode. The MK2 instrument clusters do not support Ford ECO Mode.

To obtain Ford ECO Mode on a Focus MK2 you have to retrofit the MK2.5 instrument cluster. Early MK2.5 instrument clusters need to be updated to the latest software version to make it work. All MK2/MK2.5 PCM types support Ford ECO Mode. The ECO Shift-Up functionality however is not supported by most MK2/MK2.5 PCM types. This functionality is officially only supported by the late MK2.5 ECOnetic TDCI versions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Only the later software versions of the Focus MK2.5 instrument clusters support Ford ECO Mode. The MK2 instrument clusters do not support Ford ECO Mode.

To obtain Ford ECO Mode on a Focus MK2 you have to retrofit the MK2.5 instrument cluster. Early MK2.5 instrument clusters need to be updated to the latest software version to make it work. All MK2/MK2.5 PCM types support Ford ECO Mode. The ECO Shift-Up functionality however is not supported by most MK2/MK2.5 PCM types. This functionality is officially only supported by the late MK2.5 ECOnetic TDCI versions.

I've been on this forum for a long time, and am always amazed by your sheer knowledge. I'm guessing you must work for Ford or one of their suppliers?

• Like 2

No, it is just a hobby (especially the wiring and electronics).

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club