Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil leaks

Gary Lewis

Posted a question about oil leaks on a new fiesta, and had some very helpful information, just to say that after endless trips to the ford garage took the car to the dealer I got the car from, they had the car for a week, when I picked up the car the macanic ask to see me., he told me the head gasket that I was told was the problem by the other garage had not been changed but had some sealant put round the edges when they had said to me it had been changed finally after endless greif this problem has finally been solved, my advice to anyone stick with main dealer's for peace of mind what I went through was a nightmare. 

• Sad 1

It all depends on the main dealer mine was a nightmare changed dealers what a difference.

Didn't really know about ford approved garages, still got all the logos macanics in ford overalls, it was only after talking to the main dealership, and ford customer service I found out, still at last the leak now sorted. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gary Lewis said:

Posted a question about oil leaks on a new fiesta, and had some very helpful information, just to say that after endless trips to the ford garage took the car to the dealer I got the car from, they had the car for a week, when I picked up the car the macanic ask to see me., he told me the head gasket that I was told was the problem by the other garage had not been changed but had some sealant put round the edges when they had said to me it had been changed finally after endless greif this problem has finally been solved, my advice to anyone stick with main dealer's for peace of mind what I went through was a nightmare. 

Totally agree with that. If you get a main dealer that is good, stick with them. If budget allows, stick with them for all your work, from service to MOT to repairs. They my be a bit more expensive but our main dealer has jumped through hoops to help and support us over the years.

We have stayed loyal by getting our cars from them when we could have had better deals from other main dealers around the region and just outside.

Glad you got sorted, pleased it is fixed for you. 👍

This is exactly why i started doing my own work on my car. I appreciate not everyone is willing to tackle a head gasket lol, but at least ik it's done to a standard I'm satisfied with.

• Like 1

Stupid thing is have got so many friends with a garage who could have done the job but car is still under warranty and because the garage was so close to the house 5min walk was obvious choice, so much for keep it. Local 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club