Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tyres Ford Edge

sparky_82
聽Share

Hi,

Got a really nice Ford Edge 210 but its got some cheap nexen tyres on it, in slightly greasy conditions its has a habit of understearing and it really dosnt like any sort of heavy acceleration it really dosnt give confidence, it dosnt help our second car is a Focus st so the differences are huge.

im looking to replace all 4 tyres before we get into winter would really apperciate some guidence, in the past i have normally gone for dunlops and goodyear but obviously this this my first suv so want to make sure we are not replacing them again in 12months time.

thanks in advance 馃檪

bob.jpg

HI,

I'll be looking at changing my front tyres very soon. This is the first set and i'm looking at having the same as the originals to match the rear tyres. I'm hoping to get another year out of my rear set and the mileage is just under 18000 atm. I have Pirellis scorpion verde 105w 255/45/R20. These are what Ford supplied on my聽 car and I cant complain as I head for 3yrs ownership. The best price I've found online is just under 拢180 each with Black Circles Tyres.

Any top brand is good on this car but look at the tyre specification. Go for the lowest noise level (below 70)聽as these have big wide wheels that can cause a lot of noise noticeable especially in summer with sunroof/ windows open. Balance this with good wet weather performance and fuel efficiency. These wont be cheep so shop around. Not sure we鈥檙e you are but blackcircle is worth a look as is Asda (UK) could even try eBay but may have to pay to get them fitted. Don鈥檛 forget to have 4 wheel tracing + camber check and adjustment.聽If you can get them a tyre with some sort of rim protection will help to preserve your firms as it easy to curb thes car as they are wide, but聽you will have to ask.

I recently replaced my rears with Falken tyres. 聽They are great so far. 聽Quieter than the聽Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres that were originally fitted, with no loss of wet or dry grip that I鈥檝e noticed. 聽I previously replaced my fronts with Pirelli Scorpions Verdes and they will need changed again in the near future. I鈥檓 almost at 30,000 miles. I鈥檒l probably put Falkens on them. 聽I think I only got about 16,000 out of my front tyres, although I change at about 2.5mm, rather than waiting until handling is affected.

Hi All

Since buying my Edge in 2016 I have changed all my tyres due to wear. I had Continental's as factory fitted, which as my local tyre centre explained to me are made from a slightly softer compound compared with the Bridgestone's that I currently have. (The Bridgestone's that I am using are the same as fitted to the X5's). Currently literally just passed 30k miles on way to work today, and apart from normal wear tyres seem ok. As to road noise, as everyone's perception of this is different, I would say that in my case seems to be slightly quieter.

Stay safe everyone.

Happy motoring

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

OK, I will go out on a limb here and prepare to be shot down.

Around 12 months ago i replaced the original Pirelli's on my 2018 Edge Sport, with Landsail Tyres fitted at Halfords

They are the聽Landsail LS588 SUV (255/45 R20 105W) XL

I have been really pleased with them over the period.

I drive around 12,000 per year, and they are quiet, grip the road well in wet and dry conditions, MPG is no worse, and cornering is equally as good as it was on the Pirelli's

At 拢108.99 each fitted ( if ordered on line and fitted at one of Halfords Auto Centres), i think they are extremely good value for money.聽

There you go, have a pop if you wish....

LS588 SUV

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

OK, I will go out on a limb here and prepare to be shot down.

Around 12 months ago i replaced the original Pirelli's on my 2018 Edge Sport, with Landsail Tyres fitted at Halfords

They are the聽Landsail LS588 SUV (255/45 R20 105W) XL

I have been really pleased with them over the period.

I drive around 12,000 per year, and they are quiet, grip the road well in wet and dry conditions, MPG is no worse, and cornering is equally as good as it was on the Pirelli's

At 拢108.99 each fitted ( if ordered on line and fitted at one of Halfords Auto Centres), i think they are extremely good value for money.聽

There you go, have a pop if you wish....

LS588 SUV

What the hell are you thinking!?!

Just kidding, of the just over 10 years I've been driving, I have always shopped around and have always bought the cheapest (brand new) tyre available.

And yes, I know, stopping distance in wet etc. In terms of grip though, I'm not racing the car!

The original Scorpion Verde ran out on my car at around 30,000 miles so replaced them for 拢80 per tyre fitted which suits me. Accelera ST-86 tyres and driven 10,000 miles on them so far and no problems.

Hi,

thanks all for the replys, the tires below are what i am thinking of just trying to make the right choice, and daft question first time i have had all wheel drive, normally i make sure to change tires in pairs as i know what problems having odd wheels can cause, but with the edge mostly being in front wheel drive mode do i really need to replace all 4 in one go?

tire 1.PNG

tire 3.PNG

tire1.PNG

Hi,
thanks all for the replys, the tires below are what i am thinking of just trying to make the right choice, and daft question first time i have had all wheel drive, normally i make sure to change tires in pairs as i know what problems having odd wheels can cause, but with the edge mostly being in front wheel drive mode do i really need to replace all 4 in one go?
2038421838_tire1.thumb.PNG.0910ea525a344891765e6ea164b30153.PNG
755476052_tire3.thumb.PNG.c78d15477572fea970438fc90b8cdde1.PNG
tire1.thumb.PNG.946cbff3d1f160c7a8723b4310223d7d.PNG
Hi All

Sparky_82 When I was in the process of changing my tyres, I treated them as normal 2 wheel drive - as in I replaced both fronts first, followed by both rears a couple of three months later.
I, like yourself, do not know of a proper way, if there is any, but I have had no problems other than way some !@#$er decided to put a screw in one of my tyres (another story).
Hope this maybe of some help.

Happy Motoring

Stay Safe

Dave

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry this is a late reply, you probably made your choice a while ago.

I鈥檓 running Vredestein Quatrac 5 All Season tyres, very pleased, smooth and quiet. I got just over 31K out of my Pirelli鈥檚 which I rotated at 19K, so all 4 would needed replacing in the end. I wanted a change of brand from the Pirelli鈥檚. I will stick with the Vredestein鈥檚 from now on, so I鈥檒l not be rotating these, just change in pairs when required. Cost about 拢180 each with fitting.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club