Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What have I bought please

catfish79

So guys. Needed a new drivers side Ford Focus Mk1 headlight.This has arrived.Please can anyone tell Me what I have? Fits perfectly but different wiring on the back.Original has plug with 5 pins this needs an oval one with 7.Thoughts please? Top is the one bottom is correct original

71951A12-5109-4FD9-857E-C276800540E5.jpeg

9ECCF416-B521-4F3D-B550-FE05C1A0B11B.jpeg

Does one unit have an indicator bulb in and the other not? Looks like it might be a newer 'Facelift' unit and an older 'Pre-facelift', both a Mk1 Focus by rights, but the facelift is considered the Mk1.5 and moves the indicators from the bumper up to the main headlight cluster.

Maybe one is from a facelift/prefacelift? Either that or one is xenon from the ST170.

You got a picture of the fronts? Might be easier to solve your query.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Facelift lights.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Stoney,facelift lights? Are these aftermarket or something or just a later Ford modification? 

The Focus (MK1) came out in 1998 with the indicators in the bumper, it was then face lifted (design updates) about 2002 (referred as MK1.5 sometimes) when the indicators were moved in to the headlights....Have a google and you'll see the differences, or maybe Parkers.co.uk might list the updates.

• Like 2

Cheers Guys.Heres the electrics plug sockets on the backs of the lamps.The square one is for mine which is a Ghia by the way.The oval one with more pins is the one that won’t fit

884E0985-8B7C-49AE-B4CF-A42135098F2F.jpeg

DC2B5567-7A52-48E2-90B7-204F6805F8A0.jpeg

does your car have a headlamp height adjustment by the light switch?

logically the headlamp unit has sidelamp, dip beam, main(high) beam and indicator. So that's four terminals needed for the positive supplied plus 1 for earth = total 5. That would not leave any for the electric motor that moves beam up and down from the adjuster next to headlamp switch. so does your not have an adjuster or does it have another separate plug that connects to your original headlamp?

(assuming that you have checked what other have said about whether you do have a facelift mk1 (known as mk1.5) that does not have separate indicators in front bumper)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club