Do Not Sell My Personal Information

crank sensor

lesrhodes

hello,

ford focus mk 11 , 1.6 tdci

on Wednesday my serpentine belt split & eventually snapped whilst driving unfortunately

when this happened the belt damaged the wiring to the crank sensor , I can replace the crank sensor

with a new one but the wiring plug is damaged & I cant find anywhere a replacement or any details about it .

I don't want to replace the entire wiring loom for the sake of one small plug & want to just solder a new plug on &

replace the damaged one , I have tried contacting breakers yards but have had no luck finding one.

this is a 3 pin plug & the wires are coloured red/yellow,  red/white  &  brown

any information / part numbers will be much appreciated

You're going to have to keep trying the breakers yards,  get them to chop one out of a loom then for you to solder it in.                                                       Plan B could be to see if a standard spade connector will plug into the sensor, and solder 3 of them onto your loom (maybe a short-term fix?) 

whilst not ideal, could you solder the wires direct to the sensor. if that's the difference between having the car working and not (if you need to use it) it might be worth doing. 

hello ,

thanks for helping , still couldn't find the plug online but a trip to BB autos, car dismantlers in chesterfield

worked where I found 2 plugs on different cars, so we are up & running again & they let me have them for free,

I also cut my leg open so it was like a trip down memory lane as I`d spent the eighties in scrapyards most

weekends

thanks , les

Surprised they were open for people clambering over cars and surprised they let you have them free

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club