Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST Engine Malfunction Service Now

GradyR_

Hello,

i have recently had some issues with my 2013 fiesta ST randomly throwing up an engine malfunction error and a little spanner come up on the dash. I’ve had some diagnostics done today and these are the error codes the car is showing:

P006A:62-6C - Manifold Absolute pressure 
P115E:97-68 - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Air Flow Trim At Max Limit

P1935:82-28 - Brake Switch/Sensor Signal

P2121:86-28

The person that came to do the diagnostics thinks it may mean the throttle body needs replacing, just wanted to see if anyone on here had experienced anything similar and what they did to resolve it. The lights clear off as soon as I turn the engine off and back on again and then it drives with no issues.

Thanks  

I take it the guy cleared the codes using the obd2 scanner and they've come back straight away?

The throttle body or map sensor may just need a clean. If it's driving without issues then I'm not sure they need replacing. Certainly try the cheap option of cleaning before you go replacing bits.

3 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I take it the guy cleared the codes using the obd2 scanner and they've come back straight away?

The throttle body or map sensor may just need a clean. If it's driving without issues then I'm not sure they need replacing. Certainly try the cheap option of cleaning before you go replacing bits.

Yeah he cleared the codes yesterday and Then today I had the light come up again. Gonna try get the sensor cleaned and see if that makes it any better.

thanks

• 8 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 5:15 PM, GradyR_ said:

Yeah he cleared the codes yesterday and Then today I had the light come up again. Gonna try get the sensor cleaned and see if that makes it any better.

thanks

HI mate, did you resolve this issue? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club