Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Projector Headlight Question

geraintthomas

Hi all,

I'll be planning on splitting my Mk3 focus headlights soon to place the projectors inside. I've done this several times on previous cars, so I'm not new to the process.

After fitting the HID Kit though, I'm aware you have to enable the use of HID's on the Focccus program. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

My car has auto full-beam headlights and I'm wondering if they'll still work with the bi-xenons as the full beam plugs will only be powering the bi-xenon flaps rather than actual bulbs. I'm wondering if it'll throw a wobbly.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Im sort of trying to understand the auto full-beam as at least in my country that was not even an option, so Im not familiar with it.

However I'll try to help the best I can, as someone who already installed projectors inside the original titanium headlights which ended up like this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d19e2e707d0ac1f774398ee50b67bafb.PNG

"After fitting the HID Kit though, I'm aware you have to enable the use of HID's on the Focccus program. Is there anything else that needs to be done?"

On the regular headlights without the auto full-beam this is the only thing required.

My suggestion to avoid any problems and to keep your original auto full-beam feature would be to install the projectors without the bi-xenon feature, and keeping the full-beam "installation" unchanged.

You would still have both the looks and the projector for your low beams while keeping the auto full-beam without any problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club