Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing seats/needing help?

harzo

Right to the point, I have a mk8 fiesta st-line x 140 and I've always loved the look of the st seats and I've seen on eBay st-3 recaro bucket seats and want to know if there a way (if i buy them) to put them in my st-line fiesta. Any help?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harzo said:

Right to the point, I have a mk8 fiesta st-line x 140 and I've always loved the look of the st seats and I've seen on ebay st-3 recaro bucket seats and want to know if there a way (if i buy them) to put them in my st-line fiesta. Any help?

Hi they should be a straight swap, the rails will be identical on the bottom both. 

You can purchase large Torx bits for removing bolts such as a TX50 individually in Halfords to fit a socket wrench which will save you purchase a large set which you may never use again. 

Common practice to switch to Recaro seats, I've done my mk2.5 focus recently too. 

so it would work? even with my car being an st-line x?

4 hours ago, harzo said:

so it would work? even with my car being an st-line x?

ST-Line X is a trim option or choice of specifications 

Provided the seats are from the same era of vehicle the chassis which the seats bolt on to would be identical to that of an ST or even a climate spec model.

Just a couple of thoughts - the ST seats do look great but have you tried them for size? I fancied moving up to an ST myself but found the seats very tight round the hips and I'm not heavily built by any means. A couple of members on here who had Mk 8 STs have quickly moved on to other cars for the same reason. 

Also I've spotted a few of these seats on eBay where one or both airbags look to have deployed so that would be something to look out for and would obviously need sorting.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just a couple of thoughts - the ST seats do look great but have you tried them for size? I fancied moving up to an ST myself but found the seats very tight round the hips and I'm not heavily built by any means. A couple of members on here who had Mk 8 STs have quickly moved on to other cars for the same reason. 

Also I've spotted a few of these seats on eBay where one or both airbags look to have deployed so that would be something to look out for and would obviously need sorting.

+1 

I'm 6ft 1 and a 38" waist 

Found the mk2.5 Focus ST Recaro a little bit narrow on the hips but they recline alot better than the standard and have additional height adjustment; good point checking to be sure the airbags are in good order, I had to transfer a seat belt socket across from my original seats as the one on the ST seat; the pre-tensioner had been activated rendering it unsafe; however it was a straight swap.

For reference; heres how it looks when it's been shot, the metal bar protrudes from the cylinder and the seat belt socket goose neck is compressed 

20200321_212536.jpg.d91d822c6707f7c61a4aa681d1e3ee1d.thumb.jpg.63e01feda52e84dc3f897ee4ae1a3213.jpg

Heres how it should look: 

20200322_094230.thumb.jpg.75a6cf903307e462da8f6918d0feebfe.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

I'm 6ft 1 and a 38" waist 

Lol I'm about 6" less on both dimensions but still found the Mk 8 Fiesta ST seat tight!😃

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol I'm about 6" less on both dimensions but still found the Mk 8 Fiesta ST seat tight!😃

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club