Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mudflaps For Zetec S Mk7

Jason Tierney

I understand its difficult to get hold of mudflaps for the mk7, But I would like some, I also, wouldnt want to do any work to the body of the car to make them fit, also not to sure about cutting up £50 mudflaps incase I get it wrong.

IS there any companies offering tailor made ZS mudflaps.

Also,

What colour should I get, theres a white ZS on here with White mudflaps, I think it looks pretty good but would like to see some more piccys of it. Im not 100% sure as black ones basically mould in with the wheels so you can hardley see them.

Thanks

Jay

Performance Creations have some.

You can also get the same ones from teamtorquesteer

rocky1722 has some fitted to his ZS, piccies in his topic here

I've just ordered mine from Performance Creations, so should be fitting them once I find time.

Edit: should have said, they do come in white, also red and blue.

Performance Creations have some.

You can also get the same ones from teamtorquesteer

rocky1722 has some fitted to his ZS, piccies in his topic here

I've just ordered mine from Performance Creations, so should be fitting them once I find time.

Edit: should have said, they do come in white, also red and blue.

Just as above. I quite like the white mudflaps against frozen white however having seen a few Fiesta ST's with white mudflaps on them it looked to me like over time they start to lose their whiteness and turn creamy looking.

The Performance Creations mudflaps are not too bad to fit. It's a wee bit fiddly and there's a bit of drilling of the mudflap material to be done. Best with 2 people, luckily my dad is very handy and we fitted them together.

Fitting the rear flaps :-

Firstly the x2 plastic poppers need to be removed which hold on the rear arch liners.

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

Fit the rear brackets in place and refit the plastic poppers. (Note the original brackets I got from PC didn't have a slot in the side to fit over the lower rear skirt fixings. Slots are now cut into PC's brackets)

DSC04741.jpg

I personally found the rear mudflaps looked best lining up with the edge of the small plastic edge already fixed to the rear bumper.

DSC04780a.jpg

Next fit self tapping screw through the top of the mudflap and fabric arch liner.

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04774b.jpg

Next the tricky bit, trying to mark where you drill the x3 holes required in the mudflaps. We actually found while one of us held the mudflap in the required position, the other took a piece of thick wire or rod with the end hooked round, dipped it in some light coloured paint and then made marks from behind the bracket holes gave a good indication of where you should drill your x3 holes.

Next up is to fit the mudflap to the rear brackets using the bolts and washers provided.

Fitting the front mudflaps :-

We fixed the front brackets on with x3 self tapping screws.

DSC04744.jpg

Again like the rear and using a piece of wire hooked at the end and dipped in a bit of paint we marked where the x3 holes should be drilled through the mudflaps.

After the x3 holes are drilled, fix the mudflap in place with the bolts and washers provided giving you this.

DSC04745.jpg

Note how we've drilled into the plastic end cap that covers the end of the sideskirts and fitted a plastic fastening for extra securing.

And finally the finished article. (Note how the mudflaps appear to be a bit bendy looking. I think some of that is down to the mudflaps having been drilled to fit my original rear brackets which stuck out too much. Having made suggestions to PC new modified brackets have now been made for a better fit. If my mudflaps had been drilled to fit the new brackets I think they would have fitted slightly straighter)

DSC05023.jpg

DSC05112a.jpg

DSC05108a.jpg

DSC05117a.jpg

Hope this helps, if unsure I'm sure a local garage would be prepared to fit them for you.

Cheers,

Stephen. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks alot, good guide there, im sure it will be alot easier once I have the car and the mudflaps to use that information :)

Im in two minds, do I want to be notiece with white ones or Do I want them to be subtle and hard to see with black ones...

Great guide Stephen. I'll be using it when I fit mine.

Thanks Stephen, great writeup on how to fit these :D

Even more convinced to get some myself now. Surprised I haven't seen you post these pics before.

Looks fairly straightforward, pretty sure it's something I can handle myself.

Regarding the colour I would defo go for the black. Apart from thinking that white would look too chavvy, I can see white mudflaps being a nightmare to keep clean considering general road dirt, tar, brake dust etc.

One thing that I reckon would make your car just that little bit better would be some overlay badges from DMB. Either white/chrome or white/black. Got the white/chrome myself & they really blend in with the paintwork without looking chavtastic.

Thanks for the opinions. have a look at this thread, got my car in it and what not.

Ive currently got some phillips BlueVision bulbs for the dipped beam(h7) and some LED sidelights from my old Mk6 Fez. Iv'e also got an "S" badge to put on the front grill. Will de-tango at some point and I want some DMB overlays(had them on my mk6) but I think the white is too much white.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10940&st=30

Jay

Just ordered the mudflaps, will let you know how I get on.

Meanwhile, here's some pics I took today in the sun (the camera date is wrong!)

White overlays FTW :D

LPIC0038.jpg

LPIC0044.jpg

LPIC0052.jpg

LPIC0053.jpg

LPIC0066.jpg

• 3 years later...

Just ordered the mudflaps, will let you know how I get on.Meanwhile, here's some pics I took today in the sun (the camera date is wrong!)White overlays FTW biggrin.gifLPIC0038.jpgLPIC0044.jpgLPIC0052.jpgLPIC0053.jpgLPIC0066.jpg

Nice car! Identical to mine, badges and everything haha. Just wondering if they plates are legal? Not sure if you need the postcode thing and the code

Great guide! Do you have to take the wheels of and jack up the car?

Yup!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club