Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it worth getting a remap on a Fiesta ST Line x 140?

BonsBalls

Hi,

Having previously had a 125 Fiesta Eco boost I bought a 2018 Fiesta St Line X 140 last year and have been very happy with it, but I think I'm now used to it being nippy and find it a bit slow.

I have been looking at a proper ST but my budget just isn't up to it at the mo.

So I was looking at a remap from superchips/bluefin or similar, I know it's never gonna be like a proper ST but It'll bump it up from 138bhp to 162bhp but I'm wondering.....

Is it worth it? Will I actually notice the extra power?

I've seen a few threads that mention the 140 but haven't read any comments on having it done

Any advice greatly appreciated, cheers

No, because then when you do eventually get an actual ST you won’t appreciate it as much 😉 

Ive never even considered or understand why people remap though purely for insurance reasons, most won’t accept and if you have an accident it’s an easy and acceptable reason for them to tell you to get lost 

also consider your cars warrenty, you’re still under fords 3 year one so if you do go ahead make sure it’s done by them/someone approved so it doesn’t invalidate it 

I'd be worried about the gearbox at 162bhp, what's the torque increase?

The trouble with remaps is exactly what you describe in the first sentence...you get used to them quickly.  Same as air fresheners...but at least they're considerably less expensive, and don't affect your insurance...though they are technically more illegal if you've hung one from the mirror... :laugh: 

Thanks for the reply and thanks for reminding me about the warranty and about insurance!

I'd taken it for granted the insurance wouldn't be an issue but a quick check and my insurance company won't touch a remapped car!

My insurance for an ST-3 will only go up about £40 from what I'm paying now so I think I need to start saving, cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'd be worried about the gearbox at 162bhp, what's the torque increase?

The 6MTT215 box fitted to the Mk 8 1.0 is a bit stronger than the Mk 7.5 5 speeder. The Magna/Getrag datasheet states that (despite the "215") it is rated for 240Nm. Coincidentally (or maybe not) this is the output of the latest 155ps MHEV in the Fiesta and most remaps seem to make around this figure.

If only they'd do the ST with a seat and suspension tune my poor old back could live with..............😃

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BonsBalls said:

Thanks for the reply and thanks for reminding me about the warranty and about insurance!

I'd taken it for granted the insurance wouldn't be an issue but a quick check and my insurance company won't touch a remapped car!

My insurance for an ST-3 will only go up about £40 from what I'm paying now so I think I need to start saving, cheers

I have also been thinking about a remap, would add £80 onto my current insurance. But I think a remap would void my warranty. I think I am going to wait until the end of my PCP agreement (i have 3 years left) and hopefully then move onto a Fiesta or Focus ST (Used because hopefully by then i will have bought a house haha.) 

22 hours ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

I have also been thinking about a remap, would add £80 onto my current insurance. But I think a remap would void my warranty. I think I am going to wait until the end of my PCP agreement (i have 3 years left) and hopefully then move onto a Fiesta or Focus ST (Used because hopefully by then i will have bought a house haha.) 

Just sleep in the car lol

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BonsBalls said:

Just sleep in the car lol

Don't think my Girlfriend will like that idea haha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club