Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 drl flickering

m17tty

Drivers side drl has started to flicker on and off randomly. Sometimes it’s fine but most of the time it flickers regardless of headlights being on or off. They are active leds headlights on a 2yo Mk4 focus. Anyone had experience with this or an idea of why it’s doing it? Go to Ford under warranty or what?  Cheers.

If Ford can replicate the fault, then yes this should be sorted under warranty.

Try and get a video of it to take with you if you can. But it will be fixed under warranty if they can get it to do it as said above. 

Go and have them fixed by warranty, without further question.

I've heard of (and experienced myself) DRL flickering in Mk4 Focus. Both left and right. LED control units in my Mk4 bacame faulty, and were replaced under warranty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can I ask, that when you all refer to faulty control units/ modules that you mean the ballast unit?

Had it sorted under warranty and just to confirm that they changed the entire ballast unit on back of the light and it no longer flickers at all.

• 1 year later...

My ‘19 STLine 5dr Focus has developed the flickering DLR/side lights issue. Of course, when you take it in it doesn’t happen😏 However, I’ve got it on video so hope it’ll be fixed under warranty…. Just waiting for a call back🤞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club