Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

not sure; these buttons are on a mrk8 whether you save any money if you have a heavy foot as the car is less responsive so you drive it harder.

Confusingly there are 2 different things that Ford call Eco mode.

One is just a driving feedback report on the dash - it scores you marks out of 5 for gearing, braking and acceleration and shows this as petals on a flower.  If you drive well enough, it eventually gives you an 'award' for driving carefully... :rolleyes: 

The other is a drive mode selection using a button near the gearstick.  I think we concluded on a previous thread that the auto's don't have this feature hence no button.  For those with it, it also reduces the effectiveness of the climate control and the speed of the cruise control resume as well as the throttle response.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Confusingly there are 2 different things that Ford call Eco mode.

One is just a driving feedback report on the dash - it scores you marks out of 5 for gearing, braking and acceleration and shows this as petals on a flower.  If you drive well enough, it eventually gives you an 'award' for driving carefully... :rolleyes: 

Thanks Tom, I had that on the last car.   Off to fetch the car today.   Just had a call from the guy I've been dealing with saying that they've heard that the whole country will be going into lockdown and they are looking at closing down for the duration.   He apologised about the tax situation and said that there would be a full tank of petrol to make up for it.   

Give me something to do today.😁

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Thanks Tom, I had that on the last car.   Off to fetch the car today.   Just had a call from the guy I've been dealing with saying that they've heard that the whole country will be going into lockdown and they are looking at closing down for the duration.   He apologised about the tax situation and said that there would be a full tank of petrol to make up for it.   

Give me something to do today.😁

Ah I didn't know the whole country will be going into lockdown...I might have to make some cheeky car offers myself today if other places are going to close and want the business!

Paying a months tax for just one day is a bit annoying...but on the plus side you can get creative with your choice of mask to go into the dealership with as it's halloween...  :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Paying a months tax for just one day is a bit annoying...but on the plus side you can get creative with your choice of mask to go into the dealership with as it's halloween...  :biggrin: 

Just picked up the car and I am absolutely delighted with it.   Don't mind paying the tax as they gave me a full tank of petrol to make up for it.:clapping:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Had this feature on a couple of previous cars. Found I seemed to easily achieve a full complement of green petals and an "eco champion" (or whatever) award, even though the actual mpg figures were rubbish imo!

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The other is a drive mode selection using a button near the gearstick.  I think we concluded on a previous thread that the auto's don't have this feature hence no button.  For those with it, it also reduces the effectiveness of the climate control and the speed of the cruise control resume as well as the throttle response.

Never found these things to be of any use (though I appreciate some do like them). Never felt they achieved anything that an experienced driver couldn't do themselves and on cars where other modes were available I usually got the best mpg in "Sport" as the accelerator was more sensitive.

I'm sure a driver with Bob's experience and professional training would beat a button anyday!😀

• Like 2

You were right Roger, it is the little flower thing.   Can't really see the point of it myself.   Set the new car up to suit me and had a drive round to try it out.   Drives like it's on rails.  Got a 3 month warranty with the option to purchase a 1, 2 or 3 year warranty.   I'll probably go for three.   I can't begin to tell you how impressed I've been with the Sandicliffe Ford service and, in particular, with their salesman Duncan.

• Like 5

We’ve had a few Sandicliffe cars, my Fiesta came from their Leicester branch and I was also very impressed with their service.

37 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

We’ve had a few Sandicliffe cars, my Fiesta came from their Leicester branch and I was also very impressed with their service.

I've now had 6 cars from the same place.   I think that says something about what I think of Sandicliffe Ford.   However, the way I've been treated on this occasion has been way above what I expected.   Salesman Duncan is a really great guy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I've now had 6 cars from the same place.   I think that says something about what I think of Sandicliffe Ford.   However, the way I've been treated on this occasion has been way above what I expected.   Salesman Duncan is a really great guy.

Yes, good customer service pays off in terms of repeat business, we've also had 6 cars from our local dealer. Shame more businesses don't seem to get the message.

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, good customer service pays off in terms of repeat business, we've also had 6 cars from our local dealer. Shame more businesses don't seem to get the message.

My wife had a Renault Kadjar (top of the range) from Bristol Street Motors 3 years ago.   It broke down twice on the 10th day she'd had it.   Got the RAC out and the guy said that it should never have left the showroom as it had 27 software faults.   Bristol Street wouldn't even look at it for 18 days and were unable to supply a courtesy car.   Can you wonder that we, and nobody we know, will be dealing with them in future.

You going to post some all angle shots of the new baby for us or what? 😉

24 minutes ago, runamonk said:

If it should ever stop raining Ron, I'll take a few shots tomorrow.

Right? it finally stopped here in Rugby, it was really coming down today. I love it. 😄

My wife had a Renault Kadjar (top of the range) from Bristol Street Motors 3 years ago.   It broke down twice on the 10th day she'd had it.   Got the RAC out and the guy said that it should never have left the showroom as it had 27 software faults.   Bristol Street wouldn't even look at it for 18 days and were unable to supply a courtesy car.   Can you wonder that we, and nobody we know, will be dealing with them in future.
Aye, Sounds about right.
Never heard anything good about them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, runamonk said:

Well, it's still raining but here's a few pics.   I like the stainless steel scuff plates that come with the X.   Found out that it was a Motability car which explains why all the passenger seats look as if they've never been used.

car 1.jpg

car 2.jpg

car 3.jpg

car 4.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, very smart. Always liked that colour, quite fancied it if I get another Ford, but I was going through the configurator the other day and found it's not available now.

31 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, very smart. Always liked that colour, quite fancied it if I get another Ford, but I was going through the configurator the other day and found it's not available now.

That's a shame Roger.   I really like the colour too,

@runamonk   Now it's stopped raining, here' two more photos I can show you.   Incidentally, took the coolant cap off to put some silicon grease on it and found that it had already been done.   Wonder if that's now being done at service.spacer.png

car 5.jpg

car 6.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see it doesn't look like it's been tinkered with at all. 😄

2 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Nice to see it doesn't look like it's been tinkered with at all. 😄

With it being a Motability car, I think that's highly unlikely Ron.

Ah so when they said it was driven by a little old lady, they weren't kidding. 😉

5 minutes ago, runamonk said:

Ah so when they said it was driven by a little old lady, they weren't kidding. 😉

No mate.   I have her name and address and she lives not far from here.   Might take her some flowers for looking after it so well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club