Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Focus 2.0 TDCI P2566

TurboLoss

My other half's 2007 Focus 2.0 TDCI (the Pug engine) has been running poorly for about a year now, it started with turbo hesitation, then a few weeks ago lost all power from the turbo. I sprayed some lucas turbo cleaner into the inlet which didn't seem to do anything immediately but a few days later the car was running spot on. I'm not sure if it was the cleaner though or just a coincidence.

It's now lost power again - it's fine up to 2250rpm then the turbo cuts out, but it'll still rev up to the red line.

The engine light isn't on, but there is a pending code (P2566 – Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor – circuit intermittent). 

Doing some googling and watching YouTube videos it seems it could be the turbo actuator position sensor, but it could also be numerous other things.

The actuator does move but I'm not sure whether or not it's sticking.

Anyone else had to replace this sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Just to update the code P0299 has come up today with the turbo not working at all,  just like it was a couple of weeks ago. Have bought a can of wynns turbo cleaner to see if there is an improvement, if there is maybe I'll try some Mr Muscle...

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone's googleing this issue in years to come!

Having checked and double checked the vacuum lines with a hand vacuum pump that there were no leaks and confirmed the serviceability of both boost control solenoids with one off eBay I decided to follow what the diagnostics code says and replaced the turbo actuator position sensor.

Having driven the car for a couple of days it's absolutely spot on now so I'm calling this fixed. 

If you do change this make sure you used decent Philips head bits and use plus gas on the screws first. (They're soft as hell). I managed to shear a head of one as it had welded itself to the bushing on the sensor, so the new one is held on with two now 🙃.

Also I may need to cover it in silicone due to its location and being exposed to water.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club