Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicator fault

James Shaw

Hi could you please help me, I have a 2010 Mondeo 125 1.8 diesel the problem is my passenger indicator outside works fine but

the left hand internal instrument panel light is very very week sometimes I can’t see it it still clicks though, the right hand is fine

any Ideas. Regards Jimmy

1st thing is to find out how to change the bulb. If you're not handy with that sort of thing, then it's a (expensive) trip to the garage as it's probably a full hour labour. 

The external bulbs are ok it’s just internal on the dash the right hand is fine but the left hand just gets dimmer and dimmer

15 hours ago, James Shaw said:

The external bulbs are ok it’s just internal on the dash the right hand is fine but the left hand just gets dimmer and dimmer

Yeah, understood! I was referring to the dash bulb. I've looked and can't see a guide to getting at the dash bulbs out. 

Further searching now makes me think that all the bulbs are leds! So, the only half-useful suggestion I've got is that you follow this guide from the fordwiki that explains how to enter the dashboard self-test mode, where one of the tests SHOULD be to illuminate all of the bulbs, that way you will be able to see how bright the indicator bulb is compared with the other side. That's as far as I can help...sorry!

Here's the guide:

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Instrument_Cluster_Self-Diagnostic_Mode_-_Mk4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club