Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 petrol engine management light ON? WHY?

Dan108

is this what you're experiencing, when kwikfit said a brake light did they mean the switch? A faulty switch could possibly put this warning on as it's constantly seeing a brake input. This is someone's else's fault on an older fiesta that has just popped up

1201518496_Screenshot_20210404-193656_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3252952f943c737a02e8410dc46728ca.jpg

The red light on the dash is normally the symbol for a Brake problem. If you check your owners handbook there should be a glossary of symbols.

If you can't find your handbook then there are online versions on the Ford website but I'm not sure how far back they go.

As I am due a service, And I service the car from Ford, I’m thinking to take it to them and bring this up to them while I’m there. They will charge me £200 for a service anyways so I don’t think they’ll refuse to plug the reader don’t you think?

16 hours ago, MasterTechTip said:

is this what you're experiencing, when kwikfit said a brake light did they mean the switch? A faulty switch could possibly put this warning on as it's constantly seeing a brake input. This is someone's else's fault on an older fiesta that has just popped up

1201518496_Screenshot_20210404-193656_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3252952f943c737a02e8410dc46728ca.jpg

The drivers side rear brake bulb isn’t working. 
I need to replace it but because It was bank holiday weekend most places were closed. 

Ford dealer doesn’t have any availability for the next 2 weeks. I’m not taking it to kwikfit for a service nor Halfords as I haven’t had good experiences in the past. Any recommendations? 

On 4/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Dan108 said:

Ford dealer doesn’t have any availability for the next 2 weeks. I’m not taking it to kwikfit for a service nor Halfords as I haven’t had good experiences in the past. Any recommendations? 

You can either do it yourself by ordering a modified ELM327 and downloading Forscan like we said above, or you can take it to a local indie garage. I'd ask for recommendations from friends/family if you don't know of any, as you're unlikely to see anyone on the forum from the same location as you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club