Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind noise

john.richards

I have just purchased a 2019 Focus 1ltr Ecoboost and noticed a lot of wind noise when driving at speed on a dual carriageway.  Is this to be expected on this model or a problem with the door / window seals.   Thanks

I think it's a characteristic of the mk4, I'm convinced it's louder than my mk3 was (never noticed it).

• Like 1

Can't hear any wind noise in mine, it's drowned out by all the engine noise... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Mk4 wind noise for me is the mirrors.

if I fold them in the wind noise actually changes and drops.

im not getting any other wind noise just the mirrors, which a couple of reviews have noted too.

may be in the mk4.5 facelift next year they may have better insulation.  Who knows. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 3:57 AM, Daz-UK said:

im not getting any other wind noise just the mirrors, which a couple of reviews have noted too.

may be in the mk4.5 facelift next year they may have better insulation.  Who knows. 

Ironic that it was an issue on the MK2, fixed for the MK3 and is back to being an issue on the new (and increasingly expensive) MK4!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am also experiencing the wind noise coming from my wing mirror (driver side). I have the Focus St-Line X and noticed it after only driving it for a couple of weeks. I returned to dealer and they told me they couldn't find an issue and just tightened up the mirror.

It's definitely not gone away and is extremely irritating once you notice it. Mostly happens around 50/60mph. Definitely the mirrors as previously commented above, when you fold them in the noise disappears.

Any help/advice would be great. 👍🏻

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 3:57 AM, Daz-UK said:

Hi, did u manage to resolve this issue or is it still the same? Got exactly the same problem.

i get quite alot of wind noise on my mk3.5, definatley the front windows. 

Think its worse cus i fitted deflectors.

Matt

On 4/12/2021 at 5:03 PM, FatHead1979 said:

Ironic that it was an issue on the MK2, fixed for the MK3 and is back to being an issue on the new (and increasingly expensive) MK4!

Totally the same thoughts my MK3 is so quiet compared to my old MK2 🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club