Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mic off

Andyb1010

Hi 

My partner has got a Ford Focus 2012 model. It has got the Sony radio. We are having trouble with the mic.It was working fine and all of a sudden the mic is not working. When you get a phone call it connects via bluetooth but the bottom Left on the screen says mic off? The bluetooth still works but nobody can hear you. You can highlight it but it doesn’t change anything. 

Today I fitted a new battery and was hoping this reset everything but it didn’t. I have taken one fuse out from under the glove box and removed 2 in the boot. But again this hasn’t worked and everything was still the same on the radio ( didn’t loose any saved stations)

Has anybody else had this issue?

13 hours ago, Andyb1010 said:

... but the bottom Left on the screen says mic off?

This seems to be the basis of your issue, if the screen says, 'mic off', it simply won't work. You just need to find the setting to turn the mic back on again...

See if this advice is any help. 

On 9/9/2013 at 8:24 PM, JW1982 said:

The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is connected to the same fuse as the radio. There are several ways to reset the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module when it is not recognised by the radio (the radio will only mute when no module is connected or detected).

1. Remove the radio fuse for about 20 minutes.

2. Remove the positive battery lead for about 20 minutes.

3. Disconnect the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module and reconnect it after 20 minutes.

4. Reset the module by a suitable diagnostic interface. An ELM327 interface combined with the free ELMconfig software has the ability to reset the module.

When a module is often not recognised this could be a sign that the module is defective. First you could try to update the firmware of the module. If the module supports USB you can do this yourself by performing the Ford Audio Update (which can be found online). If the module does not support USB it can only be done by a Ford dealer. If the firmware upgrade does not solve the problem the module can be considered defective. Unfortunately the Ford Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is a relative weak part. These module become defective quite often.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, StephenFord said:

This seems to be the basis of your issue, if the screen says, 'mic off', it simply won't work. You just need to find the setting to turn the mic back on again...

Has this been solved since mate?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Balint said:

Has this been solved since mate?

I'll have a guess - it was over 2 years ago, yes, it's likely been solved :biggrin:

• Haha 1

I am having the same issue with my 2011 cmax although this is notnthebsony version. I have changed the entire voice control module with 2 different parts and still have the same problem. It seems to be something else.

I did take the car in to a ford dealership and they stated that it was a problem with the module and that the mic itself was fine, however, at this stage I am not convinced this is the case. 

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NomisWSM said:

and that the mic itself was fine,

Have you got voice control (speech recognition) on your car ?

If yes, then press the speech command button and wait for the prompt, then say "Unmute"

For some systems the command is "Unmute Mic"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Have you got voice control (speech recognition) on your car ?

If yes, then press the speech command button and wait for the prompt, then say "Unmute"

For some systems the command is "Unmute Mic"

"Calling Mike"... 

No, wait, cancel! 

"I don't understand that"

Sigh... :whistling:

My Garmin SatNav reacts to the words, 'Voice Command'. Sadly it often retorts, 'P*ss off, can't you see I'm busy'?  🤣

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, by any means whether you were able to resolve the Mic off issue on Sony radio system in Ford focus.

I tried to remove the fuse of Audio system 67  and waited for 30 min. Hoping it will work magically but not to be.

Any leads on this issue much appreciated.

I have ford focus registration on aug 2011

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club