Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Really minor cupholder question...

SkiDyve

Hello!  I'm a new member to this forum.  Earlier this week I picked up a used 2020 Ford Focus ST-Line X Automatic from a local dealership.  And I love it!  This was replacing a 16 year old Mazda so it's taking some time to get used to the gadgets and gizmos!   

Anyway... one really really minor thing I've noticed...  when I've seen reviews of this model on YouTube etc, the cupholders are lit with blue LED rings at the bottom.  You can see this in this video, from around 1m 23s that the rings are bright blue all around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkkcN0Fgx_8&t=125s.

However, in my car the lights are not lit all the way around.  The LEDs light up maybe a quarter of each ring and do not go all the way around.  I don't know if this is a fault, or if there's a setting that I need to change.

The ST-Line X doesn't have ambient lighting, so there's no option to adjust that anywhere, and any other lighting adjustments I've found relate to the headlights or the main instrument display.

Does anyone here know how to adjust this? It's not a dealbreaker if not possible!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I would take it back to Ford I would expect them to light up all the way around. As for the option to turn them off I think its hidden away in the setting section of the Entertainment/Sync system.

Thanks for this. I have to go back anyway for them to change the rear wiper blade (I just noticed it curls up at the end for some reason and doesn't make full contact with the glass) so I'll enquire then. 

I had a look through the settings but couldn't find the on/off setting for this.  I think there must be a setting somewhere that controls the lights in the cupholders and also the blue bit that goes around the USB socket.  These appear really bright in other images/videos but on mine for some reason they are dim - but if there is a setting to change them, it's very well hidden!!

I don't have any setting in mine to turn them on or off.

Mine light up all the way round and stay on.

2 hours ago, MarkRS9 said:

I don't have any setting in mine to turn them on or off.

Mine light up all the way round and stay on.

Thanks for that - it's such a minor thing I feel silly even bringing it up, but was curious more than anything.  There is some light in them, so I'm not worried about finding a drink in the dark 😂, but it did look cooler when I saw them super-bright on other videos.  Saying that, I've not taken the car out in the dark yet so maybe it just doesn't look as bright during the day.  Either way, I'll ask the question when it take it back to have the rear wiper sorted.

Cup holder lights - There is only one LED light per ring. The LED on each ring is mounted towards the middle of the two cup holders so the light will be brightest there and be at its dimest 180 degrees from the LED. Yes they do look bright on the video for a couple of reasons, first the car is inside a showroom with no sunlight and second all video cameras are very sensitive to lights especially blue/green and make them appear brighter than they are.

Take the car out at night and they will be bright enough 😉

16 hours ago, unofix said:

Take the car out at night and they will be bright enough 😉

100% correct as confirmed last night 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club