Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Fiesta unlocks and door warning light on dash???

Dann123london

Hi people, 

I’m having problems once again with my fiesta 2005. A few days ago, I locked the car with the remote key and walked away. However it wasn’t the usual locking noise so I turned around and checked the car. The car was unlocked. So I tried locking it again. The car would lock and unlock within seconds. I tried inserting the key, it would not lock no matter what. I have also noticed the door warning light on the dash however all doors are closed. Im guessing a sensor is not working properly so the car thinks a door is open so it doesn’t lock the car. That’s my guess.... anyone experiences the same thing and would like to give any suggestions. I’ve tried locating the sensors on the door sticker plate but I’m not sure. 

feel free to shoot any suggestions . thanks

Update 1

I have taken the 20A (yellow) fuse off and the door warning light is gone. So I’m guessing that’s solved. However the fuse is ok, it doesn’t look blown out but yet the car unlocks itself. 

Hi,

Yes, one of the sensors is remaining open telling the car that a door is still open, including the boot or bonnet.

Try lubricating the latches all round and open and close each door a few times to see if it clears up.

I had that with my Fusion, eventually changing a front door lock.  I think it only "not locks" if it is a front door switch, as now I also have an intermittent rear door open alarm, but car still locks.

Ok well thanks both of you. I bought a new fuse 20A, still same problem. I will try lubricating the latches and see. If not I will try and check both front locks and see if need replacing. At this point I don’t know. 

It is also worth checking the connectors behind the door shuts - disconnect and inspect, making sure contacts look OK, then reconnect.

15 hours ago, Paulkp said:

It is also worth checking the connectors behind the door shuts - disconnect and inspect, making sure contacts look OK, then reconnect.

Do I remove the door latches? Is that behind?

No,

On my 2007 model, with the doors wide open, On the "A" post for the fronts, circular bayonet type connector, ccw to remove, and "B" post for the rears.  Only have a two door Fiesta, but on Fusion rear connector is under by a big rubber cover.

Door locks only come as one complete lump.....

That’s very clear. I will look into it tomorrow and get back to u. You said locks come as one complete lump. I noticed that the interior door handle doesn’t retrive when I lock the car. The other handle push inwards but the drivers side is very stiff and doesn’t go in. Could that be a faulty lock?

The Bowden cable from the interior release/locking handle goes into the lock assembly - so you might have a problem with the cable affecting the locking, or vice versa!

You can fool the lock into "thinking" the door is shut by using a screwdriver to operate the catch, so if you have tried Dave's suggestion to lubricate, you should be able to feel how easy the latch is to operate and if it improved handle operation.

I think I still have the nearside lock from the Fusion in the garage, if I have I'll try and take some pictures. (and If I mirror them, it will look like the driver's side!)

Red Line shows route of cable,lever gets pulled to open the door, and pushed to lock the door.  Microswitch is buried under steel plate.

doorlock.jpg

Update: fixed 

thank you everyone for your help. Paulkp guessed it. The connector on the A post wasn’t properly connected. For some reason it was loose. So I disconnected it, connected it again, shut the door and the warning switched off. Then I tried to lock it and it locked. Thanks everyone 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club